Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

bipap missing my breaths
bipap missing my breaths
Hello all, has anyone ever had this problem? I started using my bipap after not using it for 7 years. the machine is not changing to inhale pressure about 30% of the time, every 2nd or 3rd breath i am inhaling at 8.5cm instead of the set inhale pressure of 13.5 cm. I do breath shallow in REM, but i still inhale. This should be safe for a night or 2 right? The missed breaths register on sleepy head as CA's. Maybe the machine is just old now....idk. ill contact my parts and machine supplier tomorrow. Any feedback? thanx.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bipap missing my breaths
I don't know the machine, but it sounds like a trigger setting. You would need the clinical settings manual from the top of the page, or the titration manual. It may have a trigger setting to make a quicker response, if you feel like the machine isn't responding to your breath. Also check the flex, to see if that works on the trigger too. You may also be getting CA as a new user again and are missing some breaths.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bipap missing my breaths
geves35x,

I think this is a problem that should be reported to the DME. If your machine is more than 5 years old, it may be time to see if you qualify for a new one under your insurance company's rules.

(07-10-2017, 08:29 PM)ajack Wrote: I don't know the machine, but it sounds like a trigger setting.
The OP is using a PR System One BiPAP PRO---a simple "fixed pressures" bilevel from PR. Unlike Resmed VPAPs or the ST and ASV machines from both Resmed and PR, the S1 BiPAP Pro does not have a trigger setting that you can adjust.

That said: The Pro does have a choice of "Bi-Flex" or "Rise Time" settings. (You have to choose one or the other.) And it could be that choosing a lower Bi-Flex or RisenTime setting might encourage the machine to follow the OP's breathing more accurately.

It could also be that switching from Bi-Flex to Rise Time might help.

But if this were my machine, I'd be contacting the DME and asking them check the machine out and to quote an estimate for repairs, including a loaner machine while the OP's is being repaired.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help with self-titrating BiPAP for UARS - low % of spontaneously triggered breaths? Bibbbooker 21 856 01-29-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.