Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can't import todays data from SD card
can't import todays data from SD card
OSCAR can't import latest sessions (today's) sleep data. Oscar worked great yesterday and I learned a lot. But, this morning I put the SD card in my computer and tried to import the newest data. The operation succeeded (no errors), but when I switched to the screen to display the data, I got a message saying there was data, but it was from a previous test session, which I had disabled previously. The SD card shows the latest .edf files. The default directory on my hard drive shows older raw data, but not the latest raw data.

So I manually copied the latest batch of raw data files (from SD card) into the default directory (on the hard drive), they are now showing up in the proper folder. I restarted OSCAR, but now OSCAR says there is no data for the latest sleep session at all. It doesn't give any errors. And the only data showing is from a previously cancelled test session). But, I can't view the latest sleep session daily results. I can view older sleep data sessions just fine.

I should also say I am using Ubuntu OS and that I'm new to OSCAR (yesterday was day 1 for me and OSCAR).

What do I need to do in order to successfully import the raw data from the latest sleep session?

I can post screen captures showing each step of the attempt to import the files if needed, please advise.

TY

W1ABA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: can't import todays data from SD card
Here's my final attempt to upload the 5 screen captures. See the single .pdf attached.

TY

W1ABA

Attached Files
.pdf   5 screen captures.pdf (Size: 592.82 KB / Downloads: 13)
Post Reply Post Reply
BB63 Oscar can only import once a day (data after midday on a Resmed machine) if you have slept after importing the earlier data can be deleted and all data imported by selectin the data on the Daily screen and then going to Data=> Advanced => Delete Current Selected day

Then you can report your data and the missing data will be shown
Post Reply Post Reply
The plot thickens, and an update.

Data from yesterday's sleep session still MIA.

However, a few minutes ago, I tried to import the data from the latest sleep session (today's), and it worked! It was all completed in the blink of an eye and the program acknowledged the update was done. I pressed the Daily tab, and there was today's data, along with the stats and all the graphs!

So, I think the import problem might be fixed, though I don't know why the failure occurred initially.

Some observations and maybe an explanation of what went wrong initially:

Today, I didn't remove the SD card immediately after shutting the CPAP off, yesterday I removed it within a minute or 2 of powering down the CPAP.

Today, I locked the SD card before trying to run import the data, yesterday I didn't lock the SD card based on info in the OSCAR docs. The docs stated the only issue with leaving the sd card unlocked involved Microsoft users and the S9 CPAP's-neither of which applies to me.

Anyway, yesterday without OSCAR and having to worry whether I could fix it was HELL for me. I came very close to doing a fresh install of OSCAR, which is a major undertaking for me as I have massive amount of technical information hidden all over my system and although Linux installs in a flash, restoring the new installation back to it's former state of readiness is NOT TRIVIAL for me!

I'm so glad to have OSCAR back!!!

W1ABA Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 26 2 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 80 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 145 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,732 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 267 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.