Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can't open patient file on RESMED 5.9
RE: can't open patient file on RESMED 5.9
(10-26-2020, 10:23 PM)Hippopopnya Wrote: . . .
Is it possible the machine did not write data on the card? (Folders seem to have something stored based on the various sizes) There would be at least some until I took the card out and I locked the card when I put it in the reader and I unlock it when I put it back in the machine. The vendor is receiving daily reports by wifi, but I assume the machine is also writing to the card.

I looked in the ResScan manual "troubleshooting" section. It discussed drivers, which apneaboard recommends we avoid.

Hi Hippopopnya,
If I recall my use of Resscan (years ago now), I believe it (unlike OSCAR), will not accept data except directly from an SD card.  It would not read data from a directory on the hard drive.  I seem to recall this has to do with the capability in Resscan to alter machine settings by writing them to the SD card, which in turn alters the machine settings when it is re-inserted.  If this is incorrect, or out-of-date, someone please correct me.  But I think might pe part of your issue.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this. 

OSCAR is importing from drive E:/ which is the SD Card reader assign drive name. I think that's what you meant.

I have a sleep clinic titration trial tomorrow and I will have to return the trial machine by November 16, along with its SD card.

If I understand you correctly, OSCAR cannot read files or folders copied from the SD card to my hard drive, only off the SD card itself.

If I copy these folders and files onto another SD card, will OSCAR be able to them?

I'm giving up on ResScan for now, I don't know what more to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hippopopnya,
You have it a little backwards. OSCAR can read data from any location. ResScan will only read data from the SD card. You can create a directory on your computer and copy the entire contents of the SD card to it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 615 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,086 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 480 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  Oscar file management on two computers nightgagger 2 531 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  sample ChoiceMMed MD300W1 dat file joeblough 1 387 12-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.