Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

central apnea question
central apnea question
would a mouth leak using nasal pillows cause the machine to falsely cause the machine to identify an obstructive apnea as a central? When I'm on my back, I get a lot of so called central events that wake me up so frequently that I sometimes don't realize I've even fallen asleep and the CPAP isn't helping in that position. I can't figure out how to attach the Oscar report, when I tried to print as pdf and attach it it didn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: central apnea question
Attaching Files

If this doesn't work, let us know.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I figured out to attach the oscar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
singergal67  -  You omitted the statistical data on the left.  Please follow the sets below for acquiring a Daily screenshot.
  1. Make sure that your display is set to the (Default) Standard view.  (View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
  2. To take a screenshot of your Daily screen, select one of the following:
    • For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
    • For a Mac: Use the Fn+F12  key combination.

Also, please read the links in my signature for additional information.

Thanks!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the (hopefully) acceptable corrections on the screen shot. All the apneas were at the end of the night when I was on my back

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My initial thoughts are, your CPAP is set wide open. This can lead to arousals due to the vast pressure changes. Turn your ramp off, then set your minimum pressure to 7 cm, and your maximum to 8 cm. This will help with your comfort. While you may have been on your back, CAs usually occur like this when you aren't really asleep. You might also not have been fully awake, either. It is referred to as Sleep-Wake-Junk, or "SWJ" for the short version.

Your flow limit is a little high, but since you exhibited CAs at the end, I would hold off changing the EPR at this time.

Take'r for a snooze and let us know.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning off the ramp setting definitely helped me get to sleep faster.  My machine seems to be completely set on auto titration for the pressure and there wasn't any screen where I could adjust the minimum and maximum pressure. I think some settings can be done by the clinician that can't be done by the user and I'm due for a follow up exam so if I keep having problems I'll ask my sleep doctor about that.  I seem to sleep great for a few hours and then have trouble later in the night. I'm glad to learn about the sleep wake junk because I really did think I was awake during the part of the graph with all the apneas but when I saw the graph I thought I must have been at least partially asleep in order for the machine to be detecting apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to enter the clinician menu to change the pressure. You can obtain a Clinician's manual in section 3 of this link:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Most members here have taken control of their therapy and perform parameter changes to achieve the best therapy for themselves. It seems that most doctors are not educated to the extent of the finer details and rely solely on the patient's AHI, hours used, and nothing else.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
To add to CN's reply, this is how to enter the settings menu for your machine https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
I think you would benefit from setting minimum pressure to 6.0 and backing off the EPR setting to 2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I'll try to adjust the settings and see if it helps. I wish I had found this board 2 months ago when I first got my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 87 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 317 Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,706 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,616 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 151 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,138 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 672 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.