Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

changed pressure question
RE: changed pressure question
"I ordered the collar based off or recommendations here from it being positional related. Not a big deal if it does not work. Had to try."

the collar works wonders for clusters of obstructive apnea and hypopnea and mouth/lip leaks. I honestly don't know if it helps for clustered ca but intuitively I'm not sure why it would.

if you didn't have ca in your sleep study, it might have been an inconsistent night or more likely, it's treatment emergent and will dissipate in time. turning off epr should reduce ca. you may need to lower pressure and build up if necessary if you're getting aerophagia. lower pressure will likely reduce ca as well. you're probably farther along in your self titration than this but if it was me I would start at a lower fixed pressure to reduce ca, while oa may increase. through experimentation you can find the sweet spot between reducing pressure and triggering oa and increasing pressure and triggering ca. then experiment with epr for comfort and possibly a min/max range, probably a narrow one. meanwhile, you're in good hands with the guidance of bonjour and other responders.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are 2 events at each end of the spectrum.

20 Sep, AHI < 1.

25 Sep, AHI > 20.

Changed min pressure to 7, EPR to 1 as recommended here.  

It seems I have these events randomly and they have slow appeared over time with treatment and seem to be random (which is common with CA from what I have read here).

Is there anything else I can do?  I know it has been said the CA can be random.  I don't think I have the need for an ASV as I have one day perfect reading and another day crazy readings.  More perfect than crazy days.

I am open to suggestions.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I would discuss your results with your Dr. how many bad days do you have compared to good ? clearly you are not treated on the bad days you are not breathing for over 30 min and are stopping breathing on average 20 times an hour so every 3 minutes how can that be restfull.

There is nothing else you can do with your current machine, possibly fixed pressure but I would be talking to my dr to move things forward on getting an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input.  For reference, for the month of Aug I had an average AHI of 1.7, with only one day above 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a CPAP with titration study done.  They raised my pressure to 12.  I didn't respond well to APAP settings they said.  

Since the study a few weeks ago, this is the results I have been seeing nightly.  I think they look pretty good?

Post Reply Post Reply
We have seen charts based on all different levels of EPR and auto CPAP pressure, but his certainly seems to have th lowest AHI. I guess the question is, how do you feel? The umbers look good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2019, 07:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We have seen charts based on all different levels of EPR and auto CPAP pressure, but his certainly seems to have th lowest AHI.  I guess the question is, how do you feel?  The umbers look good.

Feeling good.  Will continue to monitor and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 319 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 358 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 335 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,281 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.