Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap library information; resources
cpap library information; resources
[copied from old forum]

What is CPAP Library?
CPAP Library is an online educational community that utilizes video and other visually rich mediums to empower CPAP users about their equipment. We firmly believe that those who understand their equipment will have better success with their treatment. Our goal is to help you learn, stay informed, and socialize with others in your situation.

About the Host
For the past 5 years host Dane Schapper has worked with CPAP users first hand learning about their struggles and problems with CPAP use. The lack of education and easy to understand information led him to start Sleep Nation TV in 2010. Sleep Nation TV quickly became a popular source of video reviews and information on the web. CPAP Library continues with this legacy on a new format that will allow him to provide more complete information. Dane also started the revolutionary mask trial program. One of the biggest problems CPAP users have is finding a mask that fits their needs and facial shape. The program allows anyone in the United States to sign up for 1 week mask trials. The trials are free of charge except for the cost of shipping. This resource along with others has been a help to hundreds of users looking to find the right mask without breaking the bank. Dane truly cares and is always available to answer email questions and give out advice.

CPAP Library
[edit by Admin: this site is now a DME - (go to Supplier #25 in the Supplier List).
.................................................................................................

SuperSleeper wrote:
Welcome to Apnea Board, Dane!

Very nice resource you've developed on both sites... and the new cpap library looks very promising. Thanks for all the time you put in in developing it.

Well-done
.................................................................................................

Steven wrote:
And a whole hearted welcome from me also.

I have been a fan of Sleep Nation TV for some time & successfully lobbied here for the inclusion of some of your videos on the ResMed S9 & also the ResMed oximetry options.

Looking for more useful information on your new site.
................................................................................................
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpaplibrary information; resources
i've seen this thing around at places. has anybody personally used this service? positive or negative comments? thanks.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2012, 06:10 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: i've seen this thing around at places. has anybody personally used this service? positive or negative comments? thanks.

If you see anything put out by either [edit by Admin: this site is now a DME - (go to Supplier #25 in the Supplier List)., you can rest assured it is accurate.

They are all by a guy named Dane Schapper.

He does post in the forums sometimes, but not as often as "I" would like.
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2012, 06:10 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: i've seen this thing around at places. has anybody personally used this service? positive or negative comments? thanks.

I used the CPAP Library 1-week trial program and succesfully found my mask of choice, the Quattro FX in a size medium. I had started with the Swift FX then exchanged it at my DME for the Mirage Liberty. When that wasn't working as good as I hoped, I wanted to try the Quattro FX but didn't have any free exchanges left with my DME. I sent in a request for the Quattro FX and received notification they had one available about 3 weeks later. You send him $14 to cover postage and he mails you the mask as well as a return postage label. You try it for a week and return it and that's it. Very simple, very easy and a good inexpensive way to test a mask in a real world environment without having to buy it. I only used it the one time though and some people have said they've had to wait longer if the mask you want to try is a real popular one. Guess he only has so many masks of each type in his inventory and it's first come, first served. Thumbs-up-2
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you, both of you. it sounds good. i'm a natural skeptic and had to ask.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,795 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 442 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 602 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 455 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Any one have or had a smart watch to track your sleep information. BangkokBoy 8 913 07-17-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: rretamalt
  [CPAP] Waxing and waning respiration / OSCAR charts library? Kobayashim4ru 14 1,974 04-21-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Apnea23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.