Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

cpap or auto
cpap or auto
I have a resmed s9 autoset and would like to know what the difference is setting the machine on cpap or auto. My pressure is 13 I set it on auto and really don't see any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpap or auto
When using the S9 in auto mode you must specify a range of pressures. For example with 13 being your prescribed setting, you might want to set a minimum of 8, and a maximum of 15 and the machine will select the correct pressure to minimize your apneas. This provides you with the ability to be treated with the smallest amount of pressure that will still get the job done. If you gain or loose weight, the machine will adjust to you.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for quick reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a autoset S9 it was set to CPAP pressure of 7 it stayed that way till i joined this forum and learned how to set my machine after seting it on autoset i starting feeling a lot better in the mornings I played with it a bit and now have it set 4-14 I may run the 4 up to 5 in a few weeks but doing good for now.You have to take it slow and let the machine do it job.It is runing around the high 10"s to low 11"s most time and seems to be coming down a little each few weeks.
Sleep-well

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, whatever changes you choose to do, it is important that you do it slowly. It takes a while for a trend to be evident. A single night's reading is just that and is not indicative of how your treatment is doing. Our usual suggestion is to make a change, wait two weeks, observe the data, and, if necessary, make the next change. Keep a log of what you change and when. Consider also keeping a sleep journal.

And just to make sure, do you have the Autoset or the Escape Auto? You do not want anything with Escape in the name. Don't be an idiot like me.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just changed to auto 8-13 and feel like I'm getting better sleep. I was on CPAP 11 for two years. Thanks to this board I found out my machine was auto capable and decided to give it a try. I like the idea of keeping a journal or log! I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. Thanks for the great ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bexxaann wrots
I just changed to auto 8-13 and feel like I'm getting better sleep. I was on CPAP 11 for two years. Thanks to this board I found out my machine was auto capable and decided to give it a try. I like the idea of keeping a journal or log! I don't know why I didn't think of that myself. Thanks for the great ideas

well the important thing is you got it going nowWinkWink

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan.
And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.
Jim Rohn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 589 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 853 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.