Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

do all listed suppliers accept insurance for accessories, masks, etc
do all listed suppliers accept insurance for accessories, masks, etc
new member here!

have conducted multiple searches w/ key words and either get NO results or mostly threads for machine purchase via insurance vs dme vs hospital vs hsa etc

i dread going thru the entire supplier list to find out who accepts insurance/ medicare/ hsa

for supplies/ accessories, which listed suppliers accept insurance/ medicare and/ or hsa?  is it worth the effort to use insurance/ medicare and/ or hsa or just buy outright online?

thx, one and all!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: do all listed suppliers accept insurance for accessories, masks, etc
To the best of my knowledge Supplier #1 does not. But they do have forms online that you can fill out and submit to your insurance for reimbursement yourself.

Both my wife and I chose to pay out of pocket for everything to avoid the insurance hassles. Other than the initial machine(s) it's not really bad for occasional supplies. Mask cushions typically last us both close to a year, frames about the same, hoses going on 3 years now, humidifier tank 3 years.
Just some routine cleaning with soap and water and it lasts a lot longer than they would have you believe.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are not many online places that take insurance. You could contact your insurance company and ask them if they have any suggestions. Perhaps they do reimbursements vs pay direct.

You said you did searches. Did you mean you searched here or did you do a Google search?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
thx jeff & paula!

i did a search on this site b4 & after registering as a member!

apparently, i did NOT use the proper key words, because i have since located some decent threads, though NOT near as much about accessories vs machines (re: insurance)

i compliment the camaraderie and the sincerity shown amongst members.

thx 4 ur assistance!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've noticed that some suppliers have specific sections on their websites about this.  If you're on Medicare and some insurance plans, they have contracts with particular durable medical equipment (DME) providers.  It depends on who serves your area, but this can work very well.  CPAP equipment and supplies are eligible for HSAs and FSAs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,525 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.