Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dreamstation losing pressure intermittently
dreamstation losing pressure intermittently
Hi guys,
hoping someone might have some ideas for this.  I have a 2 yr old dreamstation, and recently it sometimes stops delivering pressure and has very light little puffs of air.. it doesn't resolve itself unless I turn it off and back on (sometimes more than once).  It isn't a test pulse because it will just continue for minutes (and wake me up in the process).  I checked all filters and airflow etc and everything looks fine.  Fan failing? other ideas?  I bought it online and I think the two year warranty just expired and I don't have good health insurance to get a replacement so hoping this is something I can try to fix.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation losing pressure intermittently
Contact the seller now. Be sure they can’t or won’t help before exploring other options. Don’t assume.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was through amazon, but why I try to load the order page, it doesn't work.  It says it was but CPAP Sales and Supplies USA but it doesn't appear like they sell on amazon and amazon doesn't seem to sell CPAP machines at all anymore.  Googling, I couldn't find a seller with that name.  It was a good suggestion but I think might be a dead end..
Post Reply Post Reply
Without a link, what was the seller. Most can't honor a warranty, and no machines are sold on Amazon now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was seller.. no reviews since 2017
srosen68 on Amazon
orderID=105-4423842-3691440&seller=A338JTXQIPTOZB&tab=&vasStoreID=

I really just wanted to know if this was a diagnosable issue anyone has experienced. I'm guessing not..
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no familarity with this vendor. There were several that sold a lot of machines, including Supplier @34 Sistemma. Based on reviews, this vendor has not done business on Amazon for over a year. At one time, we were able to get new machines on Amazon at very low prices. That channel has evaporated, and unfortunately, so has the customer support for those vendors. Given where you got this, I would guess a warranty is unlikely.

I have not seen similar complaints of failure on Dreamstation machines. We have a couple repair facilities on the supplier list, and they wold be the most likely to provide an estimate of repair. To be honest you can buy a low-hour used Dreamstation replacement for less than the bench charge. Wish I had a better answer, but that is the risk of buying on discount from an online marketplace. Amazon used to be a great source, bt they got shut-down for prescription sleep apnea items by the manufacturers to protect the authorized retail channels.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, today the machine said "service required" and won't work at all now Sad
I can't believe it was two weeks after the two year warranty!
Has anyone tried repairing these machines themselves? Now I guess I have nothing to lose trying to.

Makes sense about amazon getting shut down. Besides craigslist, what are good sources for low hour used machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try Facebook Marketplace, Offer-up, Ebay, and there are others. don't overlook using the SearchTempest utility for regional or nationwide Craigslist searches.

Supplier #2 offers used and new machines with warranties and has been very good at servicing problems for customers on Apnea Board. Their new machine prices are among the lowest anywhere, and we can expect that they will be around for a long time. If you want new or used with warranty, this is where you want to go. If you buy from them, do it on the phone and ask if they can help you submit your failed unit for service or replacement. you never know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
There are a few for sale right now in the CPAP page on FB. One I just saw today with less than 25 hours on it and one brand new for $450...
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh cool, I didn't know about the fb page!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,405 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,024 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 986 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 521 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 669 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,590 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  [CPAP] Do I have to readjust CPAP settings after losing weight? hshamci 11 1,432 01-06-2023, 04:54 AM
Last Post: multicast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.