Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dreamstation noisy
RE: dreamstation noisy
I'm with ya Dave.

I don't imagine there's a machine that is silent.

At the same time, I have heard some not okay noises from a DreamStation (that's the machine I have more experience with).

- I've heard the more shrill whine that some people mention. I don't know what causes that, but it was with a previous machine I had, and gave back to the DME.

- I've heard the very loud blower noise when the humidifier isn't in place. That's way too loud for me, so I'll always have the humidifier plugged in.

Also, the breathing/blowing sounds can be different, depending on the EPR setting. I have my EPR set to off on my DreamStation, so it provides the same pressure regardless of if I'm breathing in or out; this way the blower makes a more consistent sound, which I appreciate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, if it comes down to the machine making that sound, giving it back to the DME is the best answer.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet is completely silent. I had no idea what to expect from it in that regard. The only sound I hear, is myself breathing into my mask. 

My wife even commented some time ago at how quiet it is. She was also very grateful that I don't snore when using it.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
My dream station is silent
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Did you ever solve the issue with your Dreamstation making noise. Mine makes the same noise. I really hate this machine. Now, because of Corona Virus, my supplies provider won't swap mine out for another.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,390 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 389 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question [CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask WWinNJ 3 1,423 07-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,679 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement 3rdMarDiv 17 6,449 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.