Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

effect on old data if I switch machines
effect on old data if I switch machines
I have several years of results in Oscar from my Philips Dreamstation.  I'm switching over to the Resmed Air Sense 10 and that has me wondering about reading the Resmed data into my Oscar.  If I read in the Resmed data into Oscar will the Philips data get wiped out?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: effect on old data if I switch machines
I suggest you create a second profile for your new ResMed device to segregate the data. Nothing will be lost.

Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve is correct. When switching machines brands, it is best (for various reasons) to have separate profiles. You will use the Profiles tab to chose the open profile. You may want to go to File->Preferences->Import and untick 'Automatically open last used profile' so that you can chose the profile each time you start OSCAR.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks [b]srlevine1   [/b]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks [b]pholynyk[/b]

First day's data recorded and uploaded & so far everything is O.K.  :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR, how to switch to a new device? edgnoj 4 374 02-10-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: glenncol
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,308 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.