Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
RE: ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
This is a try at my new O2 Ring pulse oximeter.  Can anyone tell me something about this report?  I understand that during sleep O2 levels will fluctuate but these dip down areas look pretty bad to me.  Are they indicating poor treatment of apnea?

The file will upload but does not appear here.  I suspect it is not the correct file type.  It is a pdf. not png.  I'm not sure why when I make a screen shot of an OSCAR report it goes to a png.  When I screen shot an O2 Insight Pro report it saves as pdf.

I used export under preview (Mac) to save the O2 ring image as a .png file but evidently it that does not work.

Finder shows the file is .png and it uploads but does not appear in the reply.

I just made a new reply and the image of the O2 report appeared. I hope this is okay for me to reply to my own reply. The image would not appear within this post.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='ejbpesca' pid='458424' dateline='1667406196']
This is a try at my new O2 Ring pulse oximeter.  Can anyone tell me something about this report?  I understand that during sleep O2 levels will fluctuate but these dip down areas look pretty bad to me.  Are they indicating poor treatment of apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
You moved rapidly, or bumped the sensor. Look at the overall picture. A person doesn't suddenly drop and then come right back up.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's sleep report of 5:36 time shows AHI 0.18 which is all hypopnea.  Apneas read 0.0.

I am up to pressures min 8, max 10, with no aerophagia.

95% = 9.96. 99.5% = 10.  Are these percentiles telling me I need to raise the max pressure?  I am not grasping what these numbers mean.  I read, "95% means you are at or below the pressure indicated 95% of the time."  That statement has no meaning for me.  Can someone phrase the purpose/meaning of the 95% percentile for a dummy?

What are these to percentiles telling me to do about pressure adjustment?  Nothing, or raise the max?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, ejbpesca  It's hard to tell from the 95 percentile alone.  Could you post screenshots again, please?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, ejbpesca  It's hard to tell from the 95 percentile alone.  Could you post screenshots again, please.

Screen Shot

[attachment=45729]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, ejbpesca  When I compare this chart with the previous one from November 2, when you had pressure set at 6.8 to 11, it looks like the machine did make use of the additional cm of pressure.  And leaks were not worse at 11 cm, at least not that night.

It also seemed to try to go higher at one point, but flow limits were also higher just at that point, so I wonder if it was positional?

In any case, it looks to me like 11 works better than 10 for you.  Does that seem right in terms of how you've felt?

If the minimum pressure setting of 8 was just as comfortable for you as 6.9, it could be preferable to use 8.  The idea is that swings in pressure can disturb sleep.  

At one point, Red recommended you try 9.6 to 12 cm.  It's not clear to me whether you need to increase to 12 cm, or if preventing chin tucking would be sufficient.  I hope the more expert commenters will chime in.  

BTW, re leaks, I noticed in reviewing your posts that you had gone through a period of weight loss.  That can affect mask fit.  If you're still at a lower weight, you might possibly need a different size mask, if you haven't already checked that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice, it is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
ejbpesca - Oximeter Analysis
On O2 sleep reports.
I got one report that shows a dip in O2 from 97 to 80 thirty times in thirty minutes then back to near steady 97. Is that a false reading or possible to occur?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 181 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 225 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 972 8 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,640 11 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,640 Today, 09:39 AM
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 105 Today, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,283 Yesterday, 10:30 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.