Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
RE: ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
Hi, ejbpesca  I got a Wellue Viatom O2 ring and was shocked to see that have quite steep drops during wake to sleep transitions.  I showed the O2 graphs to my sleep doctor, who is primarily a pulmonologist, and to a registered polysomnographic technician.  

The pulmonologist thought I was just knocking the ring out of place.  (I don't think that's what was happening but who knows.)  In any case, he wasn't concerned about it because he felt that any medical condition that would cause low oxygen would be doing that continually, not just in an occasional cluster like that.

The registered polysomnographic technician said it's not unusual for some people to have O2 drops like this during wake to sleep transitions.

The graphs I showed them looked a lot worse than the one you posted.  I've decided that I'm no longer worried about it.  The next time you have a medical checkup you could ask your doctor about it, too, so that he or she could consider it in the context of all your other medical information.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ejbpesca - Oximeter Analysis
Hi, ejbpesca  I went back to your original thread, where you had posted a screenshot of one of your O2 graphs, and responded there.
Post Reply Post Reply
After splitting out ejbpesca's O2 post into its own thread, I realized that this thread was here.  I have since merged his O2 questions and the replies here.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible to have 70 OAs in an hour?  I have a cluster that shows such on an OSCAR report.  The cluster is not grayed over.  The rest of the night has no OAs indicated.  Is this actually RERA or some other breathing events that are being read as OAs by the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but please post your daily charts so we can speak to your specific case
Post Reply Post Reply
Clusters of OA are typical for what we call positional apnea. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I already posted an image of the cluster.  I asked the question about 70 apneas in an hour in my attempt to understand these clusters.  I do roll to supine at times.  I find it hard to conceptualize that 70 arenas can occur in 60 minutes.  I think of an apnea event from stopping breathing to gasping for air as being possible in one minute, but to happen again the very next minute and around each minute for an hour seems extreme.  Obviously my Max pressure was not enough to treat the apneas and I have bumped it up a bit.  

If I get such a packed cluster and check the same time area with an O2 Ring data, it would be very interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have not seen pressure alone to be that effective in resolving "chin-tucking". Avoiding firm or multiple pillows, or using an aid like a soft cervical collar seems most effective. Looking back through this thread, I think you should use a higher pressure range and consider a soft cervical collar. I would move pressure to minimum 8.0 maximum 12.0 and EPR 3. If aerophagia prevents you from tolerating the higher pressure, the soft cervical collar does not appear to be an option. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

[Image: attachment.php?aid=45274]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=45307]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 47 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 976 3 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,318 4 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 376 8 hours ago
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,427 10 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 726 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,075 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.