Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

erratic data from resmed 10 and oscar
erratic data from resmed 10 and oscar
I upload daily my resmed 10 data to oscar and have been very pleased.

i recently has some perplexing data on my card-do not know how to explain it.After I awakened and took off y full face mask remed recorded a series of stutter apnea spells (8-10 inn a row). What did I do- what case this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: erratic data from resmed 10 and oscar
Do you have the "Smart Start" turned on?   On the A10 series, I've seen some odd behavior with this option.  Can you provide a screenshot of the Daily screen for that day?   Use F12 to take the shot.

Look at the links in my signature if you need help post an image.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here is the shot. My wife and I got up at 0430- Yes indeed I do have smart start on. What di you think- besides we are getting up too early!
Post Reply Post Reply
Coming at the end of your sleep session leads me to think it is Sleep-Wake-Junk (SWJ).  This is the transition period between sleep and being totally awake, where your breathing reflexes are changing the part of the brain(?) that controls it.  This can happen as you go to sleep as well.  If this bothers you or persists, you may wish to employ an oximeter to see what your heart rate is doing at the same time. . . Just to rule out anything funky.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Appreciate your experteese!
Post Reply Post Reply
My impression of your chart is that, while AHI is just under 2/hour and most events are focused at the end of the night, the pressure fluctuates widely and frequently throughout the night. This is mostly the result of persistent flow limitation that might be improved with EPR set at 3, and there is a clear need for a higher minimum pressure. Your current settings are minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 17.0 and EPR 2, however you are experiencing a median pressure of nearly 12.0. I think you would find your pressure would become much more steady, and less disruptive to sleep if you increased the minimum to 10.0 and turned EPR to 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 50 9 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 79 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 920 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 266 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 238 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 895 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 1,083 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.