Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

events per night
RE: events per night
Medicare requires you to try and fail CPAP, Bilevel, and sometimes bilevel ST before getting the ASV you need. Understanding how this works, can help you expedite the process. It also may help to have a good talk with the doctor to be sure he is on track. If he is, he may assume you wouldn't understand, and has not discussed it. if he is not thinking ahead to ASV, he needs a punch in the arm. Here are some references. Pay attention to Central and complex apnea in these decision matrices for a bilevel sevice with backup rate (ASV) HCPCS Code E0471.
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...F_RADs.pdf
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...elines.pdf
https://www.resmed.com/us/en/blog/sleep-...erapy.html
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-...2-R10b.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw your comment regarding your health issues and pain meds after posting the above.  This certainly explains why you suffer from predominantly central apnea, and raises the urgency to move you to appropriate treatment.  With ASV Your pressures will be much lower, and pressure support will eliminate the central apnea and hypopnea.  If your doctor could just prescrine ASV Auto uning the default settings of EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max 15.0. and PS 3.0 to 15.0, you would probably have an AHI near zero.  I will post the titration protocol below.

This is how to change settings on the Vauto https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyrider,  So I took your advice last evening and changed the IPAP from 19 to 14. I was shocked this morning when I got up. My events per hour were only 5!! wow that's a big drop!  any other suggestions.  Wondering what will happen when the doctor and Medcare people see that I've been "playing" haha
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your nightly charts from SleepyHead as it will help us help you to tweak it in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kacie, I can get your AHI lower, but I'd rather get you on the right machine for your condition and completely solve the problem. Before we solve this problem for your doctor, let's get you on the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. I am not a Sleepyrider, I am the Sleeprider; or you can call me Tom.

Fred wants a Sleepyhead chart, and that is a good idea, but you need a super secret new version. If you want to use Sleepyhead, follow this link.http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Sleepyhead-Version-1-1-0-TESTING-Beta
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
    [attachment=9150][attachment=9150]Tom,

I have a call into my doctor and I'm waiting to hear back.  Here are last nights charts. If you need others please let me know.  Thank you again!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
i, Just a update..  still waiting to hear from Doctor after I sent a demanding letter about the ASV machine.  here are the last few night screen shots. Thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No changes, you still need ASV. If you want to further cut centrals in the meantime try pressure at 11/9.0 rather than 14/11.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Tom, I'll make those changes tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO do what Sleeprider said. Get with the Doc and find out when you're starting the ASV path. It needs to be ASAP. And, yes, if you continue use of a BPAP, you can actually make yourself worse for usage. That situation applied to me a bit over a year ago. Get up, make the call and appointment, and let's get this device trade going.

Best to success, and keep us updated.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,312 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 192 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 204 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 110 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 153 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,551 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 377 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.