Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

events uncontrolled??
events uncontrolled??
Hi there

I am on Pressures of 6 - 15 on my ResMed AirSense 10 and I put the EPR to 1 instead of 3 two days ago because of aerophagia.  Before that my apneas were between 6 - 10 and for the last two days they have been so low 0.8 and 1.9.  Could there be something wrong with the machine.  I did download the RESSCAN o.k. with my SD card, could that have affected it?  I made certain the SD card was unlocked before putting it back in.  Anyone else that this has happened to?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: events uncontrolled??
First, EPR is exhale pressure relief, and it usually helps mitigate aerophagia, allowing lower pressure during exhale. EPR also effectively treats flow limitations and hypopnea. A down-side is that the reduced pressure during exhale may allow obstructive apnea to occur if it drops pressure below the level needed to keep your airway patent. Please consider downloading the free OSCAR program which is much easier to use and interpret than Resscan. You can post screenshots of your charts on the forum by following the Organizing and Attaching tutorials in my signature links.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: events uncontrolled??
A person should not make multiple changes at one time because which one will you guess as the one that changed the outcomes?  Was it your pressure range that changed things, or was it the change in EPR?

In future, please change one parameter at a time, and then let your body tell you what the changes mean over three or four nights.  The reason a single night isn't enough range is that all of us experience variation in the report the next morning from day-to-day.  We should look at averages for general trends, not one night's worth of sleep.

As sleeprider asks, get the OSCAR freeware on your computer, read up on how to present the information (what he calls 'organizing' it) so that it's telling us the most useful information, and we can go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 350 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 266 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.