Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

feel as if no real pressure exists while I am sleeping
feel as if no real pressure exists while I am sleeping
My experiences with my present  Airsense 10, and with my previous dreamstations, and even with respironics system ones. Keep in mind I have had difficulties sleeping with them and keep in mind I am not sure what to think, I have drawn this conclusion over so many nights of difficult sleep. I have no solid proof of what I am about to say.

It's like while I'm sleeping the pressure is non existent, the CPAP's blowing air but there's no pressure. I am a positive person and have fought with this issue for 3 years now. 

I feel there's a pressure sensor in the unit, any CPAP has one, and that sensor has to function correctly or the condition of blowing air with no real forced pressure will exist.  My CPAP supplier has been of little help, when I get a new unit a few months later the condition of no real forced pressure exists again.

The readings on the unit will say that you are sleeping well, I feel the pressure sensor in the unit that is not functioning correctly doesn't affect the sensor that reads how well a person sleeps.  I have no answers.

A functioning CPAP is a positive thing and a persons health will benefit from using one.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: feel as if no real pressure exists while I am sleeping
When everything is working well and there are no leaks, the CPAP may feel so benign that there is no sensation of the pressure. I often have to pull the mask away to create a leak to know the machine is on and working. Pressure and flow are different, and you machine appears to be working properly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for replying.
I don’t feel my CPAP machine is working properly, I wake up a few hours after falling asleep due to the lack of pressure. I feel sick like my rem sleep has been deeply distorted and it makes for a challenge to be a positive person.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a computer, you can download OSCAR to see what your CPAP is reporting.  You will also need an SD card 2 to 32 GB in size.  For further information about OSCAR, please see the links in my signature and the OSCAR Wiki.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get the free OSCAR report tool and import your sleep data off an SD card. You'd be able to see what your PAP is doing. And you can post screenshots here and forum members can comment about the posted data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for replying, I am new to the apneaboard forum. 
I am not sure, but I feel I will have to talk with the CPAP supplier about my CPAP and using Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may find your supplier doesn't know much about OSCAR. Most of these DME's are less than helpful when it comes to optimizing PAP therapy. You'll need to self advocate or it'll very likely be less than optimal therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are talking to the supplier, have them verify and calibrate pressure. They don’t use Oscar but Airview which works through cellular data. If you want our help, we need to see the settings, your therapy results and that interaction. If you want to work wit your supplier, that’s fine. We will be here when you want real answers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 168 6 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 810 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 826 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.