Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

first import
first import
Unable to load first data. 
Oscar installed. Using iMac 12.6.  SD card locked and inserted in iMac.
Stuck at step 4.  It wants me to name a new folder
inside Applications but no matter what name I give it
it doesn't load data into it. 

Thanks for any help to this 82-year old.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: first import
qt9998, Welcome to Apnea Board!

Can you clarify what "step 4" is? Is that from the install wiki page?
When installing you may have seen a warning about giving OSCAR permission to access removable drives and files in your Documents folder. If you scroll further down the install wiki page you will see the sections on what to do. Mac Install Wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac

The only thing that should be in /Applications is the OSCAR.app itself (along with all your other apps). Your data should be in ~/Documents/OSCAR_Data

If possible, post a screenshot of whatever window it is asking you to name a new folder (Shift + Command + 4 to activate the screenshot cursor, then click and drag to capture).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much for the quick reply.  Yes, I used the Wiki instructions.

Here's the screenshot you requested.  1.13.13

Another screenshot attached which shows that I don't get "removable volumes".   12.59.44

A third screenshot which install instructions say I should get but don't.  1.09.15

I have a couple more screenshots which I can send if you want.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
The second screenshot is a bit odd (where it says it found data) since Mac's don't use drive letters. That's a Windows thing.

Try to import again with the SD card in your Mac and when you get to that screen that says it found data, click the button that says "Specify". That should open a Finder window. In the left pane of that window you should see the SD card mounted. Select the SD card and click "Open". OSCAR should then import the data from the card.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff, when I run it again I get the same screen 1.13.13 and from there I get 1.15.25 which is attached.
Don't get to "that screen that says it found data."

BTW, the 12.59.44 screen shot I sent you before was preceeded by this from the documentation, and I didn't get the "removable volumes"
that I could check.   Why?

"Help, I'm running macOS Catalina or later and OSCAR won't import anything from my SD card!
You may have accidentally clicked "Don't Allow" at the prompt shown... To fix this, open System Preferences, select Security & Privacy, and select the Privacy tab. Scroll down and select Files & Folders from the list on the left and then check the Removable Volumes box under OSCAR as shown:

I'm sending a couple more screenshots though I don't remember when I got those.

This is such a mess now, maybe I should uninstall OSCAR (do you have documentation for that?) and start over and follow your instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which version of macOS are you using, Monterey, Ventura...?

It should show up the first time you try to get data from the SD card.  But it seems that the SD card is not showing up in Finder at all. And to be clear, I mean the SD card from your xPAP machine.

Try this:
  1. Eject/remove the SD card from your Mac
  2. Reboot your Mac
  3. Insert the SD card into your Mac and see if it shows up in Finder
You may need to double check the preferences for Finder.  With Finder open click Command + , (that's Command + Comma) and see what preferences are checked.  Here is a sample of mine, yours should be similar:

You can safely check every box under the Locations section.

If your SD card shows up in Finder it should look like this in the left pane:

My SD card is named RESMED in the left pane in the above screenshot.

Another thing to try is to use Terminal to see if your Mac is mounting your SD card.  Open Terminal and copy/paste the following code and hit the enter key:
Code:
ls -la /Volumes/

Take a screen shot of the output and post it.  If your SD card is still not showing up there then something else might be wrong.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
An answer from you on Thanksgiving no less.  Wow! 

Using Monterey 12.6

I guess my SD card is named NO NAME instead of RESMED.  Haha.

Last login: Thu Nov 24 13:46:30 on ttys000
Theroux@iMac ~ % ls - la /Volumes/
ls: -: No such file or directory
ls: la: No such file or directory
/Volumes/:
Macintosh HD    NO NAME
Theroux@iMac ~ %

What's next?  Uninstall OSCAR and start over?  Use my Lention card reader again instead of slot in back of my iMac?

Can I just trash NO NAME and try again?
Post Reply Post Reply
"NO NAME" is not unusual.  But your SD card is being mounted by your Mac.  It's just unclear why it's not showing up in Finder, unless there is something wrong with the formatting of the card.

You can try the external reader and see if that works.  

One last thing with the SD card connected to your Mac, in Terminal copy/paste the following command:
Code:
diskutil list

You should see all your drives listed as well as the SD card.  The SD card should look something like this:
Code:
/dev/disk4 (internal, physical):
  #:                       TYPE    NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
  0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                          *15.6 GB    disk4
  1:             Windows_FAT_32    ⁨NO NAME⁩              15.6 GB    disk4s1
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Same as you except it says DOS instead of Windows and 4.0 GB instead of 15.6.

Theroux@iMac ~ % diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *251.0 GB disk0
1: EFI ⁨EFI⁩ 314.6 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_APFS ⁨Container disk1⁩ 250.7 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +250.7 GB disk1
Physical Store disk0s2
1: APFS Volume ⁨Macintosh HD⁩ 15.4 GB disk1s1
2: APFS Snapshot ⁨com.apple.os.update-...⁩ 15.4 GB disk1s1s1
3: APFS Volume ⁨Macintosh HD - Data⁩ 87.9 GB disk1s2
4: APFS Volume ⁨Preboot⁩ 717.0 MB disk1s3
5: APFS Volume ⁨Recovery⁩ 1.1 GB disk1s4
6: APFS Volume ⁨VM⁩ 3.2 GB disk1s5

/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *4.0 GB disk2
1: DOS_FAT_32 ⁨NO NAME⁩ 4.0 GB disk2s1

Theroux@iMac ~ %
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever formatted that SD card to FAT 32 with your Mac?
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,721 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 262 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Will Not Import Last Night's Results Trevor G 1 247 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Easier way to import O2 data? BlueSky1958 6 528 02-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: kappa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.