Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

flow rate vs head gear
flow rate vs head gear
Since I last posted I have tried different pressures, a different pillow and of course still sleeping on my side and the flow rate is still up. So, I am guessing with my side sleep and using the Phillips dreamwear headgear, it must be compressing the one side and the other side just wont compensate for it.

The reason why I use this headgear is I don't want to get tangled up with the hose when I turn at night and for me the nasal cushion is the most comfortable to use. I have tried nasal pillows and they hurt and leak bad,and I don't like a face or nose mask..

So I guess unless someone has a better idea I will just live with what I have. I had to buy my CPAP machine outright because my insurance will be changing and I have only had this airsense 11 since September. I got a good deal I think from my provider $795. But I will have to purchase my supplies out of pocket for this coming year.

Have a great day.! Any ideas will be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: flow rate vs head gear
I use an F30i which has a similar hose set up on the top of the head. On my mask the air-filled sides can be wrapped in a Polartec strap cover. I did this originally because it is comfy and it does a nice job of minimizing strap lines on a full-face mask, but it also cushions the rubber that runs inside and may keep it from collapsing on you. (Available from the supplier list and Amazon)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: flow rate vs head gear
Ok thanks, will have to check that out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 81 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 251 4 hours ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 308 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 112 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.