Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread
RE: What do you do after a bad night?
I don't think you got what I meant.
I was simply asking people here what is their way to handle themselves after a bad night. The cpap machine will not always necessarily do the job and everyone has sh**ty days where they feel that every action during the day comes with tremendous suffering.

I would like to hear creative methods for coping. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Please help with treatment review
Been feeling awful in the last few days.
Attaching my Oscar charts.
Using Resmed Airsense 10 for 3 months now

Hope it's the right thread for it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread
guyavraham30 - You had posted the above post in another member's thread. I merged it into your original thread and renamed it to, guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread. A PM notifying you of this change has been sent to you as well.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting a chart.  If this chart is the norm for you, it looks very good.  

Here are a few changes you can make for comfort:

Move your minimum pressure up to 6cm.  Set your EPR to 2 (full time).  You currently have EPR set to ramp only, so change that to EPR full time.

Now, to try and answer your question on "how to cope after a bad night"....
The best answer I can give is this: In order to have better days, you have to work at fixing what's wrong.  

Your therapy chart looks good, but we all know that doesn't always relate to how we feel.  How's your health in general?  Do you take any medications?

Try to practice good sleep hygiene.  Take a look at this article and ask yourself if there's anything you can improve on.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/sleep-hygiene
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you

Regarding your question: This chart is of a night which I woke up from very groggy and felt like it for the entire day.

Something I noticed last night is I was waking up a few times to discover I was breathing through my mouth instead of my nose (I have a nasal mask).
Does that mean I've got the pressure calibrated wrongly?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate graph does show some mouth breathing.  Are you normally a mouth breather?  

Being that your pressure starts at 4cm, you may be feeling like you're not getting enough air. That's why I suggested in my above post to move your minimum pressure to at least 6cm with a EPR OF 2.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not a mouth breather. That's why I have a nasal mask only. And you're right, I do feel it's tough to inhale when I put on the mask as I go to sleep on pressure 4.
I'll try your recommendations. It's going to be the first time I calibrate the machine differently since I first started using it. 
If I want to learn how to read the OSCAR charts by myself, where do you recommend I begin? 

Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
One way is to look at the charts that other members post and the advice given to them.
But keep in mind that their situation may be different than yours. That's why we ask members to post their charts so we can advise.

Also "The Guide" is a good source for explaining OSCAR along with the graphs.

But definitely try the higher pressure and take note how you feel.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again

So after a few nights with the new pressure (6) and changing the ERP to 2 and full time I did have 2-3 better nights and than 2-3 not so good nights.

I do feel it's easier to breathe with the pressure on 6.
But I did wake up a few times to find my mouth is extremely dry. Does that mean I breathed through my mouth instead of my nose?

Attached here are three nights: a good one and a bad one.

The good one: 2.5.22
The bad ones: 5.5.22 & 6.5.22

[Image: thanks.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts don't look bad at all, but everything depends on how you feel.

It does look like mouth breathing, although one graph showed spikes, which usually points to mask movement. If you're waking with a dry mouth, you more than likely are opening your mouth.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 178 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 219 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 971 7 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,639 10 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,624 11 hours ago
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,282 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 96 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.