Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread
RE: guyavraham30 - Therapy Thread
The question is what's causing the mouth opening, and is that why I feel groggy when I wake up and during the day? 

By the way, what's the indication for mouth breathing in the charts?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are clues in the Leak Rate chart. The spiky areas usually point to mask movement, you may be turning over causing your mask to move. The other thing to look for on the graph are the flat top areas.
This is usually mouth breathing or your mouth/jaw is dropping open while sleeping allowing air to escape.

Either will cause a very uncomfortable dry mouth.

Your leak rate is within acceptable limits and doesn't affect your therapy, but can cause arousals throughout the night that may leave you feeling tired the next day.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

After a month of sleeping with the new calibration (minimum pressure 6 instead of 4, EPR Full time instead of ramp only), the last 3 nights I've been feeling awful throughout the day.

I tightened my mask last night in case there were big leaks but still no good.

Attached here is one of those last nights' Oscar data + the events tab.

If you can please take a look I'd be greatful.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are good, but comfort wise, you may do better with Minimum pressure 7cm with EPR 3.  

I think your mask fit and mouth breathing are causing most of your sleep disruptions, which can make for a crappy day.   As I said prior, your leak rate isn't affecting therapy but does affect your sleep, so that's what you need to work on.  

I also suspect mouth breathing.   Some folk use tape, while others have found a soft cervical collar will prop up the jaw area and stop you from opening your mouth.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be clear, cervical collar you mean around the neck, not the mouth, right?

And what do you mean by 'tape'? 

Anyway, tonight I'll calibrate the machine to 7 and 3 ERP

I'll report back after 2-3 nights. 

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
This explains the cervical collar.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

How are you guys?
Unfortunately, I'm having 5 days/nights from hell after waking up from probably very bad sleep which ruins my days entirely.
I'm attaching statistics from 2 of these nights, praying that someone can maybe detect anything problematic with my data or my machine calibration.
I also changed the pressure a couple of times, which didn't seem to help at all.

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys, I hope someone will reply, cause the situation is unbearable.
I'm attaching screenshots from 3 nights this last week.
As always, my AHI is good. It seems my numbers always lie.
Should I maybe raise the minimum pressure more?

Post Reply Post Reply
I see that your profile lists hectopascals as your form of measurement. Since I'm not that familiar with that scale, I will try and list it both ways. Your last screenshot shows that your current EPR is set to 3. Based on that fact, I would recommend that you increase your minimum pressure to 10 cm (9.8 hPa) and the maximum to 12 cm (11.8 hPa). This will reduce the large pressure envelope, thus reducing pressure induced arousals. If this shows promise, a further pressure restriction may be recommended.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.
I'm trying to learn how too read the graphs myself. Do you see something specific that can imply what can be the problem?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,196 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.