Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

harmony bipap setup menu help?
harmony bipap setup menu help?
Hi. I found this space while searching for a way to increase the pressure on my harmony bipap. I notice you have a number of machines that you have this information for, but the harmony is not there. I am posting in the hope that perhaps someone has this information.

I am quite desperate. They won't increase the pressure, even though I am tired all the time and waking up with headaches. I am so tired I just want to sit and sob and I am at the point now where I no longer care if they haul me over the coals for it - I want to take control and do it myself.

If there's a way, that is.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: harmony bipap setup menu help?
I did a quick Google search and couldn't come up with anything.

This is an old machine. Why do you have it? Is there any way to get a newer one? The user manual I found on the Respironics site is dated '03 which means it probably came out before that. There are much better machines available now.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I don't have a choice, sadly. I am in the UK. the machine is owned by the NHS and I just have to take what they give me and see them annually for review. don't get me wrong, I am grateful, but I am just so tired and i wish they would agree to increase the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Maria, its nice to finally get someone from old blighty on here. Just get our own little group going now theres two of us lol

Right to the problem in hand, yes as you have found out the NHS is a real pain in the nether regions when it comes to machines and data gathering but for what Im about to tell you is probably not for some ears so I will pm you shortly.

The doctors over here believe that you dont have the brains to figure out the data when most of us know we do. I too got an old machine, not quite as old as yours and I bought the gear so I could read my data and I also found out how to change my own settings. I have complained to the higher gods of the nhs and even went to my MP to argue the point that its my data not theres so they kind of argue without doing anything now. I would take them to court if they try and take my equipment off me for tampering (As they call it) with my machine. Ok I will now PM you on how to get a different machine, nice to finally meet someone from over here in the future Big Grin

Ps your Manual: http://global.respironics.com/UserGuides...armony.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes. They are under the impression that we have the IQ of soup. It's very frustrating. Do we get told off for tampering then? Good to talk to you too. Will be nice to talk to you again.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 107 5 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 200 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,941 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.