Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help please new Changing from CPAP Resmed S9 to Resmed AutoSet
RE: help please new Changing from CPAP Resmed S9 to Resmed AutoSet
Rezmed machines will not  corrupt your SD card. I and many others use OSCAR with the same machine as yours.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 02:41 AM)Chumbley17 Wrote: Thank you. I was not aware I had posted multiple threads I'm new to all this  so I'm sorry if I've short circuited the system. I thought I had just replied to the answer I was given by a helpful member
I can't use OSCAR software for my charts as I have a Resmed machine and was warned about it corrupting my SD card. Is there an alternative to this software please?

OSCAR does not write files to your SD card, and will not corrupt the card. Just remember to put it back into your Autoset after you read teh data in your computer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 02:41 AM)Chumbley17 Wrote: Thank you. I was not aware I had posted multiple threads I'm new to all this  so I'm sorry if I've short circuited the system. I thought I had just replied to the answer I was given by a helpful member
I can't use OSCAR software for my charts as I have a Resmed machine and was warned about it corrupting my SD card. Is there an alternative to this software please?

Hi Chumbley17,
The corruption warning you mention was a concern for your previous machine, the S9.  When you move the SD card from the S9 to a computer, certain operating systems (particularly Microsoft Windows) will write hidden files to the SD card, unless it is write-protected.  Then, when the SD card is moved back to the S9, the S9 thinks the card is corrupt, and wants to erase and reformat the card.  Your new machine, the Airsense 10, doesn't care about the hidden files, so there is no further concern about corruption.

This issue is not and never had anything to do with Sleepyhead or the successor program OSCAR.  These programs are REPORTING tools ONLY, and do not write anything to your SD card, and therefor cannot corrupt it.  If someone warned you about OSCAR specifically, they are misinformed, or have some other agenda.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,952 7 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,708 9 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 84 Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 85 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 71 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 176 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.