Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hose sliding off mask
RE: hose sliding off mask
Thanks to all for your thoughts on this small problem! I now have some ideas to address it. Thus far, I've tried Ren's idea of carefully washing the inside of the Climateline hose end that attaches to the mask elbow with warm water and detergent, then carefully drying it. I was careful to avoid getting any water around or past the orange sensor. The washing did make a difference; the hose again grabs the elbow pretty firmly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2013, 03:42 PM)zonk Wrote: my 2 years old hose does that but the new one is tight fit
if sleep om my left side facing machine, the weight of the hose as dangle down can pull the hose off
but it does not come off when sleep on my right side facing the other way

also make sure the swivel grey piece which attach to the elbow is not missing or stuck in the other hose

I wash the climateline and other hoses in hot soapy water and hook to kitchen hot water tap to flush and rinse out and hang to dry a day or two
I do have spares but don,t like throw the old one if can be used

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 03:03 PM)zonk Wrote: if sleep om my left side facing machine, the weight of the hose as dangle down can pull the hose off
problem solved
cushion placed near the edge of the bed prevent the hose from coming off

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2013, 10:39 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-17-2013, 03:03 PM)zonk Wrote: if sleep om my left side facing machine, the weight of the hose as dangle down can pull the hose off
problem solved
cushion placed near the edge of the bed prevent the hose from coming off

Sign of genius: answering your own questions on a public forum. BigwinkGrin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 11:24 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Sign of genius: answering your own questions on a public forum. BigwinkGrin
just one my flaws .... I talk to myself a lot
cannot be helped ... at times, it does shows

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 03:01 PM)zonk Wrote: just one my flaws .... I talk to myself a lot

At least you have someone intelligent to talk to. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.