Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how do i slow down the surges?
RE: how do i slow down the surges?
Thanks sleeprider. This is helpful. For one of my previous ASVAuto sesions (set by doc), OSCAR shows under "Machine Settings" Min IPAP = 8.0, Max IPAP 19.0. These must be fixed, because I dont see them in the machine menu. I am guessing these are "Inspiration PAP", corresponding to EPAP which is adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR charts tell us exactly where you're at on settings and mode. I don't see any reason to guess.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming the S9 acts like my 10 series ASV, the algorithm sets IPAP for you based on EPAP and PS settings. You can post OSCAR in standard and I hear it now has default chart views with newer versions of OSCAR. You can do your own setup of this S9, we can help after we see OSCAR. I think that maybe part of the issue is it isn't set right currently. I see a trend with docs giving high PS but forget to give you an Auto EPAP setting on the script.

You should be on ASV Auto mode or the S9 equal. Again this gives the EPAP range required to give good therapy. Let's see what you have now on OSCAR and we can get it going correct ASAP.

It is a fairly easy straightforward setup. ASV Auto Mode and then EPAP Min/Max and PS Min/Max.

PS the mystery of OSA now and CSA as primary diagnosis prior is most all docs are CA blind. Apnea of any flavor means OA to most docs/ducks. CPAP for all is a great big cookie cutter experience.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I will try a few nights and post the OSCAR data. Thanks!

(oh, the "guess" was my interpretation of the acronym "IPAP" meaning Inspiration PAP)
Post Reply Post Reply
You could also show OSCAR data you already have if you so choose. It will surprise you what it can tell us. Me, I'd opt to show data now and we can pretty much immediately give a starting setup. The sooner to get you started on good therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok I will do it tomorrow. Still getting my head around OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK we'll take a look then.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the functionality difference between OSCAR and the software provided by ResMed (other than proprietary vs open-source)?  I am a big fan of open source, GNU-compliant projects.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed software can write settings directly to the SD card which when inserted in the machine can change its settings.

OSCAR shows the same therapy graphs as Resscan but they can be zoomed manipulated much easier than resscan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2020, 03:04 PM)fdashiell Wrote: What is the functionality difference between OSCAR and the software provided by ResMed (other than proprietary vs open-source)?  I am a big fan of open source, GNU-compliant projects.
Resscan is developed by Resmed, aimed at DMEs and Medical offices, assumes tracking multiple patients, and is compiled only for Windows.  OSCAR is a fork of the defunct Sleepyhead project, under current development and debugging by CPAP users many of which are active in this forum.  OSCAR is available on all major platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux.

IMO, the graphing and presentation of OSCAR is way better than Resscan.  I used to run both Sleepyhead and Resscan, but I eventually abandoned Resscan.  My Windows unit died, and I'm running Linux now, so I would have to run Resscan in a VM, not likely to happen.  Another irritation with Resscan: it won't read an image copy of an SD card: it only wants to accept data from an SD card itself.  I think the reason is that it has the ability to make settings changes via the SD card, but this is conjecture.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long slow decay in inspiratory flow rate cathyf 3 716 06-24-2021, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  [CPAP] Air surges ckuttner 3 1,157 02-25-2021, 01:42 AM
Last Post: kappa
  New Member - Central Apneas of Just Slow Breathing? Coach43 8 1,537 03-17-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Slow Cooker? [for disinfecting masks or hose] HalfAsleep 27 7,945 10-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP Slow To Respond? Hojo 5 1,532 09-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Questions about stage 3/4 slow wave sleep Melman 9 1,964 03-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Last Post: KCFLY
  Dr too slow? Go to the hospital? dd777 28 5,915 03-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.