Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

how long does it take to adapt to this?
RE: how long does it take to adapt to this?
My sleep doc is great. I could go on for a long time about why... but the one... make that two things... in hind sight I wish had been done differently. I'm not sure who should have done it, my doc, sleep tech or the DME - but I got essentially zero input on which mask and which CPAP machine to use. And very little "training" on how to use them.

The good news is, I have found the DME to be cooperative and my doc I am sure will listen to me when I do go back to see him in March and ask about a different machine (and maybe a mask depending on how it goes between now and then.)

Yes, I could ask to see my doc sooner, but I am thinking I need more time to study the machines etc.[/align]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how long does it take to adapt to this?
You wouldn't need to wait until then about the mask. The mask is, basically, between you, the DME, and your insurance. Most DMEs have a policy where someone can trial a mask for anywhere from a week to 30 days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,813 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  50 second long central apnea esaulcatnas 6 678 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  After a long time I'm back. Had a night again with low 80% dip oxygen level MyronH 0 448 08-05-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.