Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ViHealth app warning!
ViHealth app warning!
Last night I updated my Vihealth app update through Apple's app store. Latest version is 2.30.35

Uploaded from O2 Ring to phone as usual this morning. 

Until now I have stored the data locally on my phone, but this morning thought I would have a look at the free ViHealth cloud storage.
Signed up to allow this. 

It found all my records & asked if I wanted to merge them all into the cloud, telling me that if I did so they would not remain on my phone. I am often in areas without internet, so decided not to proceed. The options were 'Merge' or 'Discard'.  So to not proceed I chose 'Discard' 

I was gobsmacked & angry to then find all of my previous records were deleted from my phone!

All I have now are past 4 records which were still on the ring. 

The only saving grace is that I still have all my data on the O2Insight app on my laptop. (& in OSCAR). 

Right now I am pretty cheesed off with Viatom/ViHealth! 

I only had 48 nights worth of data on my phone. To anyone with a lot more - If you want the data on your phone stay away from signing up for an account!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ViHealth app warning!
Mine auto-updated at some point. I never clicked Discard or Merge (i clicked the back arrow to get out of that screen) and it still deleted 2 years worth of oximeter data I had in the iPhone app. I also had all the data in the app on my Mac, so it was only my phone that was affected.

Pretty annoying that they didn't even give a choice whether to use the cloud or keep it on the phone. I get a nag screen every time I start the app with that same screen asking me to Merge into the cloud, or Discard. I keep hitting the back arrow (top left of screen).

Pretty rotten thing to do!!!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A while back, Viatom provided a URL to all the Android ViHealth (.apk) archive versions. Also, the Android offers an auto-update turn-off feature per app. Do iPhone users have any options like this available?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2022, 07:06 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Do iPhone users have any options like this available?
- Red

Short answer.... NO
There is a global setting to turn off auto-update for all apps, but not individual.

There are some third party apps that claim to be able to restore older app versions but none that I have ever tried.

The nuclear option would be to "liberate the phone from apples constraints" Bigwink
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I was annoyed when the new version of the app suddenly appeared on my iPhone three or four days ago.  I then had to log onto it, which I hadn't had to do before.  There was a choice of setting up an account in order to use cloud storage, or continuing as a guest.  All I want to do is download the binary files to OSCAR anyway, so I clicked continue as guest.

Even as a guest they want your particulars, which I made up.  

It looks like all my data are still on the app on my iPhone.

Re Red's questions, I don't think I ever saw a URL from Viatom provided to ViHealth archive versions.  If iPhone offers an auto-update turn-off feature for each app, I'm not seeing it, but I'm not 100 percent sure I'm looking in the right place.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vihealth cuts off too soon sammiller 8 237 03-10-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 191 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation Crimson Nape 33 8,342 10-10-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Herqliz
  Downgrading ViHealth to enable upload of Oxygen levels to OSCAR Kingsway 0 685 06-14-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Latest version of the Vihealth Android app doesn't produce the files for OSCAR wlewis 7 1,746 06-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Correlation of ViHealth 02 data report and OSCAR Plmnb 4 694 04-27-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Debug Log Warning DanEm 21 1,592 08-04-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: DanEm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.