Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

knork - Therapy Thread
Question 
knork - Therapy Thread
Hello, I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and this board & wiki have been great sources of info so far. I just started using APAP and am looking for some help with tuning.

Stats
Male, age 36, BMI 24.7

Background
After many years of never feeling rested, I asked my doctor, and he referred me for a sleep study. After the study, the respirologist told me my AHI was 36, and prescribed APAP.
I'm not sure what the the breakdown of that AHI was, realizing now I will need to follow up to see if I can get the data. For what it's worth, I've never woken up gasping for air or with a headache, so I believe my saO2 is probably fine, but I'm experiencing constant microarousals. I got my machine this past Friday, and have used it 2 nights so far.

Questions
In the Oscar data I'm seeing few OA's but lots of CA clusters (and now some Cheyne Stokes, but I don't believe that's accurate so I'll ignore it for now). Is this likely treatment-emergent? Is there anything I can do besides wait and see if my body adapts?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: knork - Therapy Thread
Hi knork,
I'm inclined to believe that the CA's could be treatment emergent, although that's a lot of CA's.

I wouldn't worry too much about the flagging of Cheyne Stokes, as it is more than likely just periodic breathing. Unless you see a pattern of this, then it's not CSR.

You have a right to ask for a copy of your sleep report. It would be beneficial to know the breakdown of the AHI number and if CA's were noted. If you're able to obtain a copy, you can post it here. Someone would be glad to look at it.

Since your median pressure is closer to 7cm, it might be more comfortable for you to set your minimum at 7. Move the EPR setting to 2 (full time).

Try that for a couple of nights and repost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: knork - Therapy Thread
Thanks OpalRose, I'll try as you have suggested.

In the meantime here are the results from my initial diagnostic study (identifying info removed).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 420 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 487 Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,099 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,841 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 85 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 236 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 275 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.