Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

large leaks rating
large leaks rating
Hi,
I know this is a very old issue. But unfortunately always on topic with my apnea.
Is there a value/level to which large leaks are still acceptable?
I do not feel comfortable with full-face masks, so I use nasal masks. My time percentage of large lecks (which are not compensated by the Resmed Airsence 10 auto) is in last year in average between 1,25% and 4,15 % (sleepyhead). altough I am taping every night. Is this tolerable?
How do you rate this?
Thank you and best regards from very hot vienna!
Christian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: large leaks rating
Hi Christian. Resmed allow leaks greater than 24 L/min for 30% of the night before the "red frowney face" will show up on your machine. So your 1.25 to 4.15% are well within the allowable limits as far as the machine is concerned.

I wouldn't do anything drastic like taping your lips for such a small leak duration. Unless the leaks are disturbing your sleep I think you're doing OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: large leaks rating
Hi Deep breathing,
Thank you for your response! I like it.  Cool
But, i have this percentage of big leaks when taping and above the tolerance of resmed (24L means large leaks start at this point) (I tape since 2 years now, but this is no problem) Otherwise it would be more big leaks. There are some forum members (not in this forum), they told me all large leaks has to be solved, because otherwise you cannot interprete the result correctly. (sleepyhead)
I think if on 96% of the time no large leaks, I interprete only this and forget the rest of 4% (maximum).
But i wanted to comapare with others...
Best regards from hot vienna, Austria
33 degrees C, means 91F puuh... Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 281 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.