Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

mask removal during sleep
Question 
mask removal during sleep
Huhsign  My husband suffers from MS, Alzheimers, COPD and apnea. He really wants the CPAP to work as he knows how much sharper he is with good sleep - however...during sleep he consistently (like every night) removes his mask after about 2 hours. He is not aware he is doing this - I thought that I should tie his hands together with cable ties ( Too-funny ) he objects. I've also thought about having him wear gloves. Any other thoughts from the knowledge base would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: mask removal during sleep
You try to attach the mask more securely. You can use bobby pins if his hair is long enough, or velcro straps.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Will try a velcro strap tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
you can try this putting OVER the headgear.  It is on the suppliers list at the top of the site #37.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that Knightsbridge chin strap is a terrific idea!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,078 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 336 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.