Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

megabill - Apnea Therapy
RE: megabill - Apnea Therapy
Another even flatter pillow and a tweak of the fit for the f30 produced these results.  Working on the collar this weekend.  Will start a new thread for masks.  Still having severe and painful dry mouth.  Probably should start a new thread for that too?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Improvements are not coming easy, but they are happening.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not posted for a while to this thread.  There are some good results and some continuing struggles.

I have not had any luck finding a collar that would help and yet be comfortable enough to permit sleep.  So in addition to tweaking IPAP and EPAP, I also experimented with the controls of my adjustable-base bed.  I have exaggerated the "zero G" position into what I call a "pseudo-recliner" position: I increased the elevation of both the foot of the bed and the head of the bed to mimic  what sleeping in a recliner might provide.  I believe this further supports the belief that my underlying issue is obstruction that seems to have a positional component.   Sad that my bad joints (no, not THAT kind  Smile) restrict sleeping position.

I have posted an overall view and 2 snips from a recent night.  AHI has been ranging from 2 to 8 lately.

Meanwhile, I am still challenged by congestion and dry mouth.  My sleep doctor has retired.  My DME has been acquired by a national company with HQ in Texas and is complicating my obtaining of supplies because they will not use the prescription that was held by the previous DME and I cannot see the new Doc until end of July but they want me to conjure a new prescription before they will ship anything.  I am in process of having discussions with my insurer to find options. Consolidation acquisitions by a larger company are never a benefit to the 'customer'!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 26 1,009 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 846 Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 260 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,368 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.