Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

my Respiratory Rate is high, is this a problem?
my Respiratory Rate is high, is this a problem?
[attachment=12742][attachment=12742][attachment=12742][attachment=12741]Hi All,
My respiratory rate varies pretty dramatically at night.  I'm often at the limits of Sleepyhead to report.  I also weAr a Biostrap, wrist pulse oximeter, which confirms rates in the low 30's periodically through the night. I also do to see a correlation to increased heart rate.  During a recent night, according to the wrist device, i experienced the following rates:
Time              Respiratory Rate  Heart Rate
11:45PM                     28                  60
12:30AM                  29                   61
3:10AM                       30                   65
3:20AM                       29                   63
4:50AM                       28                   66

I've attached my latest Sleepyhead screen shots, in case you have questions.  Brief explanation: I started BiPap ST therapy in Oct/Nov of last year.  It was ineffective and I stopped therapy while fighting with docs and insurance to get an additional study.  New doc and now CPAP, the last three months show results on CPAP.  I now have my third doc and 4th sleep study scheduled tonight.  I'm concerned about my respiaroty rate in additions to my concerns about being properly diagnosed and getting on the right therapy.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
JP

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: my Respiratory Rate is high, is this a problem?
Ugh!  Attachments reattached and rotated to landscape view. Sorry!
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you see with your O2 sat levels during the rapid breathing? Do you see a drop and then O2 sat comes back up after you start breathing faster?
Post Reply Post Reply
The overview pages don't tell the full story. Please post a daily page. Give us one showing the whole night and one showing a zoomed in section (about 2 minutes) of a section with high respiration rate. We specifically need to see the detail in the flow rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
We need to see detailed chart and it would be best to show a 2-minute closeup of the flow rate showing the high respiration rate. Why were you prescribed ST?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 83 4 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,582 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 860 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.