Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Severe Sleep Apnea
RE: Severe Sleep Apnea
With what his data is showing he will need an ASV machine, there is an ASV dreamstation, as well as a Respironics ASV. Either one will be much better for him than a standard apap, no matter what the brand. What mask/headgear system is he using?
Post Reply Post Reply
He is using a ResMed Airfit F20 Full Face Mask and I'm starting to think it's not the best fit for him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Well I got his sleep collar and he couldn't wear it so I'm returning it. It seems to be too big so we'll need to get another one. So It'll be awhile before I can update again, meanwhile his mask is really tormenting him so I need to find another one. I figured since he is taping his mouth he might be able to use a nasal mask now? This one he has now that airfit 20 is digging into his face and leaves really deep marks on his face, but if he doesn't wear it tight then it leaks like crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed F30 is a full face mask BUT it fits under the nose and for me is a good mask. Loosely fits without over tightening. Take a look at it - it could be the answer.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh nice, thank you I'll check that out!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 288 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 125 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.