Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions
need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions
Hi,
my Resmed airsense Vauto just arrived but i have some question about settings.
For the first night i will run 
max IPAP 9.4
min IPAP 6.0
Ps: 3.4 
those are close to the ones i was using on CPAP, i plan to gradually increase PS with max IPAP till i get more refreshed sleep and till no central apneas shows up 
My question is about the Ti Max and Ti min, trigger and cycle settings. i have rented machine so i am not sure if those were set at default.
for now i have 
Ti Max 2.0s
Ti Min 0.3s
Trigger high 
and cycle med
can anyone tell me what are your settings and are those i currently have the default ones or person that was using bipap before me changed them?
i have diagnosed Uars with 12 rdi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions
Your Ti controls are at the default. Your answer depends in part on your respiration rate. Most people do fine with Ti Min 0.3 and Ti Max 2.6. A little more time on Ti Max avoids the feeling of the machine cycling to exhale before you're ready. Once you post a chart we should have more to work with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions
alr thanksSmile tonight I will use default value of Ti Max 2.0s and post the OSCAR chart tomorrow
Post Reply Post Reply
here is the first night, I had trouble falling asleep, also i went to sleep on trigger high not normal. I was worried that I would experience central apneas on PS4, but it turned out fine. I also noticed that my flow rate when I am fully asleep is much flatter than it ever was on CPAP. Despite only getting around 5 to 6 hours of sleep, I also feel better than I did on CPAP. From now on, I will increase my settings. Tonight, I will try PS 4.6 or 5. I haven't decided yet. So next night will be
max IPAP 10.4 or 11
min IPAP 6.0
Ps: 4.4 or 5
Any other advice? i also see that leak rate is high sometimes, i have soft colar in home but before i use it i want to get used to sleeping with the machine
About the humidity settings, i had much more stuffed nose than on CPAP, could it be because temp was set to 27? i think on CPAP i was using 24 or something

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good. Get the leaks under control and you should be more comfortable. This was a fixed pressure due to the confining effect of max IPAP being equal to EPAP plus PS. I have no problem with IPAP max as high as 13. It won't get used unless you have obstructive events or flow limits, and those seem well controlled at current minimum EPAP and PS. The fixed pressure may turn out to be less disruptive. Do not increase PS, there is nothing to suggest a need for that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
night 2 went worse, seems like my flow rate has a lot of narrowing in some places I don't know why.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The narrowing of flow corresponds with leaks. When leaks reach the large leak or greater volume, the device cannot detect respiration accurately.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
i will try sleeping with soft cervical collar today and will change trigger to very high to combat some of the central apnea i was having
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 852 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep
  Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO MrIvanDrago 8 408 07-21-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings SDM1 8 411 07-16-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New user questions LBlack 3 166 07-16-2024, 07:00 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Thoughts after less than a week, and questions SkySleep 18 485 07-14-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SkySleep
  Determining true CSRs on AirCurve VAuto JoyD. 3 245 07-01-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Resmed Aircurve 10 S mode to Vauto ischua 5 456 06-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.