Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help fast
need help fast
Hi! I just joined because I need help with my resmed machine. I am away from home on business and my machine will not stay on when I turn it on. It is giving my an error message about checking the power packet and inserting the plug completly. I have done it dozens of times and it still wont' stay turn on.
any suggestion??? Need answers so I can sleep tonight.
K
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help fast
Hi Kim and welcome the forum
hope its the same message which once happen to my machine "check ResMed 30/90W power supply unit and fully insert connector"
it was the plug goes into the back of the machine was not fully inserted so pushed in and the message gone

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_jqBij6X_zkEarHh17Az...h6lUAiqFe6]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kim,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What zonk said.
make sure the plug is all the way in the machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
HI Kim,
welcome!

It just wonders me a bit how the machine can have enough juice to send out a distress call but not
come up to full power.
Possible bad power supply?
Hopefully just a loose plug like Zonk mentioned.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2013, 02:45 AM)zonk Wrote: Hi Kim and welcome the forum
hope its the same message which once happen to my machine "check ResMed 30/90W power supply unit and fully insert connector"
it was the plug goes into the back of the machine was not fully inserted so pushed in and the message gone

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_jqBij6X_zkEarHh17Az...h6lUAiqFe6]

Sometimes the cord can get damaged, especially if you yank it by the cord instead of at the plug/connector/end. I think that's what happened to the charger for my phone. You can get somebody to look at the whole thing, including the cord(s) because they may be the problem. I can't say for sure from way over here though.

(02-13-2013, 10:09 AM)Shastzi Wrote: It just wonders me a bit how the machine can have enough juice to send out a distress call but not
come up to full power.

It happens to humans too. Some can send out a distress call but not have the means to save themselves. It's really not an unusual scenario.
Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are at a hotel, try another plug.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try the following if applicable:

1) Set the power supply on a hard surface where air can flow freely, not on carpet, or a blanket.
2) Turn off the humidifier.
3) Remove the humidifier. The whole humidifier, not the water tank.
4) Be sure the detachable power cord is securely plugged into the power supply.

BTW, GEEZ, write down the exact message and post the correct text.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It feels like the CPAP is trying to make me breathe too fast RealityShifter 9 6,195 10-30-2022, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Relief from PVCs and waking with a fast heartbeat, how long after starting CPAP? Swarfmaker 4 1,199 10-01-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is this normal for SpO2 to drop this fast during an OA? MyronH 8 1,798 03-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: MyronH
  What's your favorite epr settings? 1 2 3. Med or fast return? Hellodare 9 1,744 03-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Airsense 10 ramping too fast dwlims 6 2,872 03-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Last Post: dwlims
  [CPAP] Humidifier Resmed Airsense 10 - Empty fast berniw 22 9,058 11-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Last Post: berniw
  Fast pressure rises/and at max regbeach 13 3,515 10-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Last Post: regbeach

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.