Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need help with full face hybrid masks
RE: need help with full face hybrid masks
Well, switching to a hybrid mask may help you eliminate the tape, but it is unlikely to lower your AHI. Many people find that nasal masks don’t need quite as much pressure as face masks. Whether that holds true for you with a hybrid mask is difficult to predict, but it is unlikely to allow lower pressure than your nasal mask.

One factor that can raise AHI is chin tucking (possibly due to a change in pillows or sleeping position). The soft cervical collar helps many with this.

Anything that interferes with my sleep will raise my reported AHI, but that’s because of false central apnea events as I’m transitioning in/out of sleep (sometimes known as sleep wake junk).

However, we are really just guessing without Oscar data, this is the right place to get help with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help with full face hybrid masks
If a pillow mask with tape is working for you () I’d suggest staying with it for now.

My main issue with taping is oily skin. Sometimes the tape starts loosening before morning.

The F30i is a good mask, and you may like it. I just don’t expect that alone to lower your AHI.

Any mask that seals against your lower jaw can push it back a little, sometimes making OSA worse. Be careful not to overtighten the lower strap. While trying to balance the strap tension and stop leaks, it is easy to get the lower strap too tight. Sometimes loosening the straps a little will actually reduce the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,194 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 343 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 694 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.