Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new full face mask
RE: new full face mask
I just recently acquired a FOAM mask. ResMed AirTouch. This was the first time this was ever presented as an option and I LOVE it. (Now that I have figured out my settings were somehow switched to the wrong type of mask, all is good!)

The RT said they have not been out as long as some people think.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the ResMed AirFit F30i for about a week. The first couple of nights were wonderful, but since then I've been experiencing some issues.

The straps began digging into face so I've ordered the standard size headgear to replace the small I had bought.  Then, last night, I had a terrible experience - all seemed fine and then I rolled onto my side and the mask started making a banging noise, like something was hitting the plastic.  It was so loud that my husband couldn't sleep.  I checked all of the connections and couldn't figure out what was happening :-(  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess its trial and error (usually).  I gave up the pillows and the DME suggested the F30i FFM.  I liked it for a while but it seemed to have a lot of leaks.  I am a side sleeper and the air tubes on the side of my face were uncomfortable and seemed to dislodge the mask  when I became restless.  There were a LOT of leaks as shown on Oscar and a lot of face farts.  I haven't found the ideal mask, but the tech at my last sleep study sent me home with a Fisher & Paykel Simplus mask.  Although not perfect, this has worked better for me than the F30i.  F&P has released an upgraded version called the Vitera, which I am going to try when I am insurance eligible in a couple weeks. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 11:19 AM)goodn Wrote: any one try the new ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP mask?

Is it any good? Is it better than the F30?

I have one because I wanted to try it. I love the concept under the nose and the hose at the top of my head was very convenient.

My nose is too small and the mask has too much leaking (for my preference).. also I find it noisy, or at least noisier than my current mask. Also, my skin doesn’t like the silicone. 

It did come in a starter pack with 3 different sizes in a standard frame. They also have small and large frames.  

I use the AirTouch F20 and it is super quiet. The seal is amazing. 

F30i is pretty neat if you can get the right fit and deal with a little extra noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 149 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 307 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 654 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,994 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 751 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 441 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.