Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

new resmed user - question about Myair and airview
new resmed user - question about Myair and airview
Hi...

New to Resmed and CPAP in general. I'll be getting an Airsense 11 auto in a couple weeks. I plan to use OSCAR, but i have questions about the app and cellular connectivity.

As I see it- there are 3 components.... the CPAP, the mobile app, and the cloud (airview)

1. The app syncs with the CPAP via bluetooth and gets very basic info.
  2. the CPAP uses a cellular modem to send (better?) data to the airview cloud service which is for the clinicians, DMEs, and probably my insurance.

My Does the app send OR receive any data from the cloud or is it all syncing locally? Should I even bother setting MyAir up? I want to say yes at first while I am first getting used to everything? But at the same time, will my use of the app give Resmed more data to collect from me without provide me any benefit.

Second question- I've been told the after 10 "rental" payments the thing is mine. Who is paying for the cellular connectivity? Does that end when I stop paying? Did the DME not disclosure a mobile connectivity fee?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: new resmed user - question about Myair and airview
Hi wooders! - Welcome
The MyAir app is a feel good program that doesn't provide any useful therapy data. The doctor or DME pays for a connection only during the period that they have to prove use, so they get paid. This service usually as soon as they receive all their money. The data that is transmitted wirelessly is minimal and is not available to the patient.

The most detailed data in only recorded to an SD card. The card HAS to be in the CPAP while in use to record the detailed data. Otherwise, you will only get summary data. You need the detailed data to determine the optimization of your therapy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just about to write this same question as I started using the airsense 11 2 days ago .
This morning I noted that the data sent to the airway app on the web is not the same as that on the myway app on my phone, The total hours used , AHI scores etc. The web data is about an hour longer with more events per hour.

I read an hour ago that the Oscar 1.4.0 works with the the airsense11 so I put a new data card in my machine and will check it out in a few days.
Do I have to format the card if it hasnt been used yet?
(MAC OSX with Oscar 1.4.0)

MYair app showed improvement between the first two days and the number of events appeared to be less. I did indeed sleep better, but Im confused about the accuracy of the AHI scores on these apps;
Post Reply Post Reply
If not is a new card you should be ok.

MyAir is mostly a feelgood app. The AHI can give indication that something is going on, but nothing as to why.

Air view is more detailed but it 8s not available to you

The detailed data that is stored on the SD card is the most detailed and the best to base your treatment on. This is what OSCAR uses and what you should use while tuning your CPAP to you.

Here we use this data to see specifically what is going on, and based on this data suggest changes to improve your results.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is an excellent program with a very usable UI and provides extremely useful information ... The code writers did an excellent job.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 492 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 293 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  AIRVIEW Daily reports Opus1 3 443 11-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 579 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] User interface nightmare - Resmed Airsense 10 edsela 4 621 09-15-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: edsela

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.