Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

o2 insight pro on linux
o2 insight pro on linux
Hey there!
I use ubuntu, and I installed o2 insight pro via WINE.
Can't detect the o2 ring, though. Doesn't seem to be recognised as a USB device.
lsusb shows "QinHeng Electronics HID To Serial" which I'm sure is the proprietory usb connector that came with the device, but I don't know what to do with that to make ubuntu use it.
What should I do (aside from 'just use windows')?

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: o2 insight pro on linux
Hi Jim Vader!  -  Welcome

Unfortunately, O2 Insight Pro will not run in Wine.  This app also can not be run in a VM Windows either. The problem is there hasn't been any USB/HID linkage written for virtual devices. Most Linux users use their cell phone.  Wellue/Viatom offer a free app named, ViHealth, for both Android and Apple devices.  This app may be obtained from your device's respective app repository.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see, thank you sir.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my android phone I have the vihealth directory with PlusbitO2.db, PlusbitO2.db-shm, PlusbitO2.db-wal

Can I copy those over into my WINE O2insightpro installation?

I can't see on the :C drive where they would go.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
No, you would need to extract the individual files out of the database, using an SQL script to do this.  The database's structure has changed over the different ViHealth versions.  However, ViHealth will extract these files when you view the session's data on your device.  

I just checked, and O2 Insight Pro does not use the PulsebitO2.db.  

Since you're using an O2 Ring, the files that you are looking for will be named with the device type and the date and starting time.  This will look like, "O2Ring_230122133526".  These files reside on a Windows system in the following location:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\O2 Insight Pro\DATA

As a "heads-up";  Unfortunately, the data storage directory is prone to being changed or moved with each new version of ViHealth, so expect a surprise if this folder is no longer where you last saw it.

I hope this may help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:
I found the data in Windows! Along with the binary files, it has the PulsebitO2.db, too.  To find the data location, start O2 Insight Pro and look under the "Options" for the data location.  This is where you would place all the raw data and the database.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
On the latest version of the vihealth app the data files are located in http://ftp.xxx.xxx.x.xx:9999/Android/dat...s/##/host/   where ## = a random number..in my case 59.  If on the device it would be /sdcard/Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/##/host/       The ftp address comes from enabling the built in ftp server in solid explorer.   The .data files can be directly copied or rsync'd to your linux machine and then imported into OSCAR under the wellup o2 import option.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you !
I found the data locations on the linux WINE install, copied .db files from phone to there, but nothing is going in - no graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on which version you are using the data is in one of 3 places....on the latest version it's not in the .db file.  It's in .dat files stored /sdcard/Android/data/com.viatom.vihealth/files/<some number>/host/   That's for android.  No idea where the pc keeps it.
Post Reply Post Reply
O2 Insight Pro seems to extract the binary data during the device import session. If you aren't importing the binary files from your mobile device, you will need to manually run an SQL script to extract them from the database. If you aren't familiar with SQL, the best bet is to find them on your mobile device. The newer data seems to be stored in a directory named with a number. So far I haven't seen the same number reported by users here, so I can't provide one.

I almost forgot, ViHealth only extracts the data and creates these files for the sessions you view on your device.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 18 457 04-14-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 1,023 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 283 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 469 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
  Oscar importing csv files + O2 Insight Pro import eflat 1 393 10-24-2023, 10:10 PM
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 710 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 784 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.