Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

odd change in pressures ... ?
Question 
odd change in pressures ... ?
I was looking at the past week sleep data in Sleepyhead, I'm still dialing in PS to try to minimize the hypopneas. While looking at that data, I came across something I hadn't seen previously and I've been using Sleepyhead for at least 2 years.  The pressures dropped shortly after 5 am.  ??  Why would this happen ?   I will post an image here for you folks to take a gander at and see what you make of it.  I'm using a System One bipap with Auto SV.  

Current settings are:  Max: 25
                               Min. EPAP:  9.5
                               Max EPAP: 15
                               PS: 6 - 15
                               Auto Rate
Thanks, 
Dreamless

[Image: wrxyXZZ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: odd change in pressures ... ?
Never seen it before and haven't got a clue, but note a hypopnea indicated very close to the pressure drop, and it shows up in the Statistics. That's a busy machine in terms of backup breaths. What was it like before you increased PS min to 6.0? You have a very low event rate and hopefully you're feeling good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: odd change in pressures ... ?
Sleeprider,

I was diagnosed with Central apnea.  I was having quite a few hypopneas and still have the bad night with them here and there. Sleepyhead also flags periodic breathing just about every night.  I had seen Flow Limitations (I still don't really understand those) on most every chart until I bumped the PS to 6.0. We, the wife and I, started trying to get my pressures where I have the least events and I think we're getting pretty close.  The PS was 3.0 - 15.  So while the AHI is really good these days, I have an issue with waking up at 4 am almost every night.

Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 563 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Profile page recent change GordK 3 546 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: GordK
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 901 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Change settings during the night herenthere 1 466 03-31-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  [Feature Request] How to change kg to lbs in OSCAR Profile and Notes for one's Weight JoyD. 3 514 01-31-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Change Compliance Hours krford1961 2 634 01-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: krford1961

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.