Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar "up to date" but no data
RE: oscar "up to date" but no data
yes, as I recall that's what mostly happened in the past but I'm sure I've also seen previous versions report the newer settings. either way, now it just guesses rather than pick the first or last and for some reason, maybe to draw attention to it, maybe an error, it left skews the machine type and settings. it did include the night in the top line (old settings) on the prescription changes statistics page, so maybe it didn't really guess. like I said, no big deal, maybe something to think about in future versions.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the next version of OSCAR, the information will no longer be skewed to the left but the warning message below will be in red rather than black (where no one seems to notice it).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
since oscar seems to default to assume the earliest setting, at least in this latest instance and according to Crimsom Nape's experience, is there a need to tell us the settings are guessed? just asking.
Post Reply Post Reply
"guessed" (terminology will be changed in next version of OSCAR) means that no record was found for that date in the str.edf file.  It implies the day was missing in the str.edf file.  That should not happen, which is why I asked to see your str.edf file.

Tentative new wording for the warning will be: (Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown.)
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
"That should not happen, which is why I asked to see your str.edf file."

sorry, Guy, my memory was never great, and worse now. did I miss this? if I haven't done this, please let me know how to get you this file.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was in post #20.  Is the data still showing as skewed?  If so, upload the str.edf file as you have done before.  If not still showing as skewed, I doubt there is much left to see, so let's forget it.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
it seems impossible but somehow I completely missed post #20. like your experience, the skewing and the guessed at message are gone. if it happens again I'll try to remember to send you the file. sorry I screwed up that opportunity.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy: following up on the guessed settings/skewed text issue.  it happened again for night of 7/25/20.  I copied the str.edf file.  did not shut oscar down. 

today I downloaded data for 7/26/20: reported 10 sessions, only 4 for that night.  now 6 duplicate sessions have been added to 7/25/20 (total 12 sessions), ahi is higher and settings no longer guessed and text no longer skewed.

I'll copy the str.edf file again today and try to pm them to you.  thinking I'll restart oscar after making today's edf copy, see if anything changes and if so copy that version of the file for you as well.

attachments show duplicate sessions for 7/25/20, no longer guessed/skewed and showing increased ahi. 7/26/20 looks okay.

edit: copied the file and restarted oscar. now 7/25/20 looks okay, no duplicate sessions or skewed text and correct ahi.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
if there's a way to add attachments to a pm, I don't see it. no 'attachments' button I could find, wouldn't drag and drop from desktop into pm message box; wouldn't copy and paste into pm message box, no mention of attachments in pm help. how should I send 3 str.edf files to Guy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Upload to my Dropbox account at https://www.dropbox.com/request/hpb5bnF5rCSB5ypUjjxB
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.