Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oxygen and sleep levels
Question 
oxygen and sleep levels
i am on 2 liters of oxygen at night because my oxygen drops as soon as i sleep. i think i might need it too be higher because it dropped to 89 last night and just now when i took my nap.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oxygen and sleep levels
I'm not familiar with that CPAP display (Trilogy Avent) but you have a lot of opportunity to improve your sleep by eliminating the leaks your machine is reporting.

Once the leaks are resolved, share your CPAP / APAP / BIPAP pressures and someone here can recommend some improvements. I've been testing with my CPAP to solve my dropping oxygen levels as well and it took switching to CPAP mode, adding more pressure, and turning EPR on to level 1.

Another thing to consider is have you adjusted your oxygen delivery to compensate for the amount of airflow your cpap is producing?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2023, 03:48 PM)gainerfull Wrote: I'm not familiar with that CPAP display (Trilogy Avent) but you have a lot of opportunity to improve your sleep by eliminating the leaks your machine is reporting.

Once the leaks are resolved, share your CPAP / APAP / BIPAP pressures and someone here can recommend some improvements. I've been testing with my CPAP to solve my dropping oxygen levels as well and it took switching to CPAP mode, adding more pressure, and turning EPR on to level 1.

Another thing to consider is have you adjusted your oxygen delivery to compensate for the amount of airflow your cpap is producing?

i am on trilogy evo with a full face mask, i feel no leaks so i dont know where they are coming from
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2023, 03:52 PM)annbower112597 Wrote: i am on trilogy evo with a full face mask, i feel no leaks so i dont know where they are coming from

Does your machine have a humidifier? Have you tried disconnecting the hosing at each connection and reconnecting? You could also be dislodging the mask as you sleep so you might consider tightening the straps to see what works.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2023, 03:57 PM)gainerfull Wrote: Does your machine have a humidifier? Have you tried disconnecting the hosing at each connection and reconnecting? You could also be dislodging the mask as you sleep so you might consider tightening the straps to see what works.

yes it does but i quit using it as Rotech said that is where the leak level was coming from but it has been 2 nights and the leak rate is no better
Post Reply Post Reply
Ann, I would show this data to your RT at your DME and your Dr.'s   They may want to raise your supplemental oxygen to 3L or so.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep on a 45 degree angle pillow wedge i dont understand these leaks are coming from. as soon as i turn on the machine it says a leak. it doesnt make any sense
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2023, 08:08 PM)annbower112597 Wrote: I sleep on a 45 degree angle pillow wedge i dont understand these leaks are coming from. as soon as i turn on the machine it says a leak. it doesnt make any sense

We have different machines but if I don't have water in my humidifier it will detect a large leak and sound super loud when I turn it on. When's the last time you filled the humidifier with water and slept with it full?
Post Reply Post Reply
I totally unhooked it, the hose from the machine comes directly to my mask. also the oxygen isnt working properly as i dont feel the air coming from it, i see a input for the oxygen machine and a output teet i dont think my machine is working properly
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ann,

Before I came here my treatment was awful. I had the sleep-doc-from-**ll.

I truly respect the people that respond and help others.

My take is that sleep therapy should be comfortable to work. So I use a humidifier on my machine, and have a heated hose to raise the temperature. I put a fabric cover over the hose to keep the heat in.

I've never had oxygen therapy. So others will surely be able to help you more.

I felt abandoned by my sleep doc. When I was encouraged to use the data from my machine (on an SD card) I downloaded OSCAR and it's made a huge difference. With assistance here, I felt I could determine what was wrong and fix it quickly. That used to take months and months with the sleep doc.

I hope this interpretation helps. And I hope your treatment and help improve.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 375 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,912 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 804 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 1,001 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 396 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.