Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pillow for cpap - resources for bed pillow for cpap
pillow for cpap - resources for bed pillow for cpap
[parts of this thread were copied from the old forum]

Quote:travelersquest wrote:

Jun 14 2007, 01:42 PM Post #1

I am looking for resources for pillows designed for cpap users. does anyone know of a website or manufacturer. Also, does anyone use one or have suggestions on pillows that work best? Thanks for any help in advance.

Quote:gumbloid wrote:

Jun 15 2007, 06:23 AM Post #2

I too would be interested in finding out about the CPAP pillows. Do they work hand-in-hand with the CPAP machine or are they an alternative solution?

I asked a related question a couple of months back, but received no response. So, I will post it again: Regarding pillows, is it better to have more or less? Does propping up your head / neck cause problems with breathing?

Quote:Davidvs Wrote:

Jun 15 2007, 07:29 AM Post #3

I have used a wedge shaped pillow for the last few years (neck problems). I find that by sleeping with the higher side under my neck and my head reclining downward helps to keep my throat open and helps me breathe better.

Quote:carlsonc wrote:

Jun 20 2007, 10:47 PM Post #4

Try a TempurPedic pilllow or one of the higher end knock-offs. I use it with a thin pillow under it and sleep with the bigger ridge under my neck. I can sleep on my side by sleeping on the end of the pillow. Sleeping flatter seems to be better for me.

Quote:tcbe wrote:

Jun 27 2007, 10:31 AM Post #5

I just received my new PAPillow (Double Edge). You should be able to use any search engine to find the website. The pillow is designed for side sleepers that use a mask. I was able to use the pillow all night and it seemed to work fine (I have only been using CPAP for three weeks, so still adjusting). Normally I am switching pillows all night, so this was a good sign. It is expensive (as pillows go), but if it helps in a good nights sleep its worth it.

Quote:Davidvs Wrote:

Jun 27 2007, 11:47 AM Post #6

Quote:carlsonc
Jun 20 2007, 11:47 PM
Try a TempurPedic pilllow or one of the higher end knock-offs. I use it with a thin pillow under it and sleep with the bigger ridge under my neck. I can sleep on my side by sleeping on the end of the pillow. Sleeping flatter seems to be better for me.
Yup, thats the one I use.

Quote:nosbig17 wrote:

Jun 29 2007, 01:41 PM Post #7

I have a small buckwheat husk pillow that works well for me. Never used a pillow until I bacame a hosehead. I only use it when I'm on my side. This one is cool but noisy, unlike the foam and down pillows I tried.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pillow for cpap - resources for bed pillow for cpap
Although it is not a CPAP specific pillow readers might want to try the Sobakawa Cloud Microbead Pillow. I bought mine for $20 at Bed, Bath and Beyond last weekend. It is contoured and it does have a depression for your head. My old pillow compressed on ether side and when I tried to turn to sleep on my side with my mask on it would cause the mask to leak from shifting on my face. With my new pillow I don't have these problems and the microbead in this pillow seem to pack allow you to wear your mask with comfort. Not that it will work for everyone but at $20 it might be worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pillow for cpap - resources for bed pillow for cpap
Thanks tcbe, I too was looking for a better pillow. I found this site: (I am not allowed to post links yet) [commercial web address removed per rules, see below] and it was a great price. I will let you know how it works out. Smile

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 2 58 4 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 116 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.