Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pillow versus nasal setting on Airsense 10
pillow versus nasal setting on Airsense 10
After reading about cervical collars here I got one and since starting with it, my AHI is down to 0.3 every night for five nights now. Still early but that's encouraging! It makes me wonder if my apnea isn't primarily the result of my tucking my chin to my chest at night. 

I've been using the F20 mask, and now the F30 'half mask'. I like the F30 a lot. But I thought I'd try out my old P10 nasal pillows in conjunction with the cervical collar to see if the latter might hold my mouth closed enough for me to resume using it. (I've become a mouth breather). My impression over my 40 minute nap is  hey maybe this will work!

And I noticed that the Airsense 10 offers three choices of mask--nasal, pillow and full. I guess these are self explanatory but:

--the F30 is a nasal
--the P10 is  a pillow. Correct?

the F20 then would be the full face mask...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pillow versus nasal setting on Airsense 10
F = Full Face (Mouth and Nose)
N = Nasal (Over the nose)
P = Pillow Mask (pillows Under the nose, nor in the nose)
Post Reply Post Reply
So the F30 is a full face mask...?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it covers your mouth and nose.

F = Full Face
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, call me dumb...it's happened! (often...) but I thought the F30 didn't so much cover my nose (after all, I can scratch my nose when it's on, which is one of the advantages of this mask) as 'pillow' it from beneath. I thought that it combined the advantages of a pillow with the mouth coverage of a full face mask.

I've always thought of it as hybrid.

Thanks all for helping me choose the right setting!
Post Reply Post Reply
It can be called a hybrid, but the F30 is still Full Face in classification.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add to confusion you need to look in the manual for the correct machine setting as the n20 (nasal mask) required the pillows setting on the machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW the F30 is to use the full face setting per ResMed Tech specs:

[attachment=22729]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Merci beaucoup SarcasticDave.
Post Reply Post Reply
join me in virtual Coffee
wonder if we must practice virtual social distancing...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F40 Mask Setting MrIvanDrago 4 60 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  VAuto Trigger Setting MrIvanDrago 2 42 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 3 93 3 hours ago
Last Post: nicchamilton
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 191 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,245 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 180 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 1,027 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.