Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

pillows change shape with time
pillows change shape with time
Hi

Just sharing a (minor) success story:

For the last few nights my wife was complaining that the noise from my mask was waking her up (and I noticed it happening from the side of the nasal pillows). It's only been a couple of months since I replaced my p30i nasal pillows, but I tried a piece that I had kept in reserve. 

No noise with the new pillows! The old ones must have changed shape. I wasn't expecting any issues so soon. 

So it pays to keep some spares. Especially in these times when it seems anything can happen to delay shipments.

(And to all you guys in the US: Good luck with the inauguration today and the new administration. Keep healthy)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: pillows change shape with time
Nasal pillows do tend to get soft and floppy after a couple months use.  I've noticed the same with the P10 pillows.  They tend to lose shape, not seal well and cause some small leaks that disturb sleep.  

I don't hesitate to change them when I notice that happening.  And yes, a good idea to keep a backup supply.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could washing them in hot water soften them and cause them to lose shape sooner?
Post Reply Post Reply
That might be possible. I've never used hot water, but do wash them every morning using warm water.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using an AirFit F30 FFM. I'm no silicone expert, but when I first put it on for bed, it feels firm and stable. But.....as the hours tick by, it softens up quite a bit. I have to assume that's because of the heat transfer from my face and breath to the mask. 

When it's still cold, that's when it seals the best. I do wash my mask and headgear in hot water. I can tell that the hot water softens it up, but once washed and dried off, and as it cools, it stiffens up again. 

I'm shooting to see 1 yr. of use out of mine. That will be on March 4th.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 202 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,756 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.