Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

poor results [Please Advise]
RE: poor results
By gently pressing on the jaw, they are excellent for stopping mouth breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use your sleep study as an opportunity to try different masks. Just ask the tech working with you that night. Otherwise you will just get the mask they pick for you. Just ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks and data
Using using the dreamwear gel pillow I get leaks around 34 consistently, but ahi data below 5.  I am most comfortable with this mask.  Is that leak enough to invalidate the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ahi measures and leak
AHI last night 2.5 leak rate 34

dreamwear nasal pillow 

Reliable AHI data?
Post Reply Post Reply
I will defer to the experts here, but my understanding (from my sleep doc) is that one shouldn't be concerned if the leak threshold is not exceeded more than 10% of the time.  Here are my results from last night, which show a max leak rate of 39.6 but a median rate of 3.6 and a 95% rate of 6.0 and under.  The amount of time over the leak threshold was 2.026%.  I think these rates are OK; if your max is high but the % of time you have large leaks is relatively low, then I doubt you should be concerned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The 95% is the important one. The max could be for any reason, including scratching your nose. I use the chart, to see where and what the leaks are.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you question the AHI data with high leaks?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2019, 05:08 PM)Commodore Wrote: Do you question the AHI data with high leaks?

That depends - if you have a large leak that only lasts for a short time, it will have little or no impact on the overall numbers.  On the other hand, if you have a large portion of your sleep time where the leaks were excessive, the data will not be very meaningful, since the machine will probably not have gotten accurate information about your therapy for much of that time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Breathing data
I have begun using chinstrap and leak data seem better though high and clustered near waking.  I am going to try the cervical collar next.  Last night s data is similar representative.  I am lower on tital volume and minute vent than normal I think.  If it matters, I am a very active distance runner and generally in good cardio fitness.  I have had lung function test that were negative for any problems. 

I feel great but wonder is any of the respiration data needs a closer look?

Thanks for all the great insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea! Let's see 2-minute segments of the flow rate, and compare what's going on at 00:30 and 01:15. For bonus points, include Flow Rate, Tidal volume, Minute Vent and Respiration rate. Remember, the individual wave form needs to be clear, so a 2-minute segment is ideal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 6 75 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,404 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 406 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 137 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,548 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,959 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 151 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.