Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[prismaTS] Accidentally uninstall SQL Server
[prismaTS] Accidentally uninstall SQL Server
Hi Apnea Board,

I've been using prismaTS 5.0.7 without problem. But after a while I haven't used it as often. Then one day, as I'm cleaning up my computer. I come across MS SQL server in the add/remove program. At that time, I believe maybe it was from me dabbling in development tutorial or was bundled install from Visual Studio, so I uninstall it. Months later when I want to open up prismaTS it can't connect to database now. Thing is, I can't uninstall prismaTS (and then reinstall it later) either because of the uninstaller also looking for DB. Have tried install SQL Server that's not bundled and not working right out of the box, so I guess maybe it need the right config or schema that I don't know. This makes me kinda stuck in the loop with unusable prismaTS. I wonder if anybody else ever run into this problem?

Thank you,
Rud
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [prismaTS] Accidentally uninstall SQL Server
I'm not a Windows expert, but instead of using the uninstall option, have you tried to re-run the prismaTS installer over top of your existing installation?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It probably left your data when it un-installed SQL Server and if you re-install it might just work again.

Download and install SQL Express and give it a try, it’s free.

Is there a configuration section in your program where you enter the database connection info?
Post Reply Post Reply
@SuperSleeper running the installer seems to go straight to uninstalling.

@FaceInTheCrowd Yeah found that there's still data left in the SQL Server directory. Re-installed it but the connection from prisma is still failing. I'm not sure about the configuration detail would be the same though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya, the user name and password used to create the data you have won't be the same as the username and password from a new install of SQL Server.

I'll post more if I think of a way out of this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  NOTICE: New prismaTS version 5.13.0.13 now available SuperSleeper 3 1,651 06-26-2023, 01:58 AM
Last Post: SymptomFree
Question PrismaTS software: Interpreting graphs, where to find education? Henrikc 1 754 03-09-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad Any successful PrismaTS installs out there? hopski 10 3,844 10-19-2022, 08:39 AM
Last Post: marq104
  Accidentally deleted data from SD card, is it still on machine? theredheadsaid 5 2,416 09-17-2022, 09:52 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Admin Note] WEINMANNsupport & PrismaTS Software [for Weinman machines] SuperSleeper 5 6,573 02-05-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Weinmann / Löwenstein prismaTS software Costas P 25 27,125 01-12-2021, 12:24 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.