Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

replacement SD card?
replacement SD card?
Can someone tell me what kind of SD card I need for my Remstar Auto A-Flex System One machine? The machine will not write to the disk, there is no new data when I look at the files, and the data protection tab is in the writable position. I guess I need a new SD card, but it isn't quite shaped like the SD cards I have for my camera and the provider's manual does not specify the kind of card. The card is stamped Remstar. What do I need and where do I find one?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: replacement SD card?
If you machine is not the very old one using a smart card (like a credit card) then a normal full size SD card should fit. Do you have one to try
Post Reply Post Reply
you can ask your DME if you don't see one like it anywhere else- my DME provider gave me a new SD card (at no cost), when I told them mine was not working . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, if you think those are the same, I'll try sticking one in. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I no longer have a DME provider, I'm trying to make an unused auto-flex machine work for my boyfriend to see if his pressure needs adjusting. I recall my doc telling me that my machine wasn't writing to the card last time I was in, but he did not know why and I thought they gave me a new card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it was the card that went faulty and not the machine? If it is an Auto machine, set it to Auto and start around 8 and see what happens. If he thinks 8 is abitstrongput it to 6.  See what happens and how he feels. 
Are you both on CPAPs every night?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
System One documentation says SD card. I highly doubt it is some proprietary SD card design. 
I would buy a new SD card (or microSD with adapter, whichever is cheapest) and check if it is recording.

I used a microSD with adapter on my ResMed Autoset 10 and it has been working fine for over 1 year now. 
I did apply a clear sticky tape over the microSD slot opening to be very sure that the microSD will never fall out or disconnect from the adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm hoping it was the card malfunctioning, so I'll try a garden-variety SD card from my camera gear. His CPAP is set on 11, so I set the auto to 11-15. He is not sleeping well and it is months before he can get an appointment, so I suspect he is not getting enough pressure. I no longer use one, I finally lost enough weight to get off the thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your success! I've tried to lose weight and wasn't successful.

I just had trouble with my SD card. My machine asked permission to erase data; I had to. After a long period it was done, and successfully recorded data last night. I hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave. I can hear the machine trying to write to the card, and it even says the "don't unplug, writing data" message. But no new files appear when I look at the card.

Take a look at intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet on dietdoctor.com. After two bariatric surgeries still didn't take enough weight off me, I went to a non-surgical program. The doc who referred me there told me the bariatric doc had been a 300-pounder (at about 5'8) who had finally solved his own problem and wanted to help other patients. He did it with intermittent fasting, and it works differently than anything else I've ever tried - in that it WORKS, long term, and I no longer fear gaining the weight back. If you go to YouTube and look up Jason Fung Biggest Loser, you get a good, 20 minute overview of why diets don't work (because they turn on you after about 6  months), why all of the contestants re-gained all their weight plus some, and how IF is different.

You don't have to do both IF and keto, either alone works for many, but I'd been fat my entire life, so doing both was the key for me. It's far less unpleasant than eating 200 calories 5 times a day, and far more effective. Good luck to you, check it out. There is nothing to buy, you just learn when not to eat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 223 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,858 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,417 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,038 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 259 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,234 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,966 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.