Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed aircurve 10 asv settings
RE: resmed aircurve 10 asv settings
Okay, that makes sense. You add the EPAP and PS settings to get your IPAP numbers. So, if I set the min EPAP to 6 and the min PS to 6, my min IPAP number will be 12. So, with my current settings, my IPAP range is from 12 to 30. Now, more or less, I know how to set the ASV machine. Thank you for posting. : )

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Post OSCAR data when you have it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
note that even though the combination of epap max and ps max can be over 30, the machine won't go over 25 cmw.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2020, 03:51 PM)sheepless Wrote: note that even though the combination of epap max and ps max can be over 30, the machine won't go over 25 cmw.

yes, that's correct sheepless, thx for the mention
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all, quick question. Is there a way to increase minimum PS on an ASV beyond 6? Mine is capped at a maximum minimum of 6

I'm working with Jason at axgsleepdiagnostics and basically we really want to keep my EPAP on the lower end because of Aerophagia but still have a larger minimum IPAP, and sadly this seems frustratingly impossible. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Sassbeek, you can change PS min in settings to anything up to 15 cm. The PS max must be at least PS min + 5.0. If you need the setup manual, don't hesitate to request one from the forum. As far as using a PS min greater than 6, I don't recommend it, but that is a topic for your therapy thread.

Note, I had to edit the .com out of your post link because that site sells prescription required equipment which violates Rule #3. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2023, 11:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sassbeek, you can change PS min in settings to anything up to 15 cm.  The PS max must be at least PS min + 5.0.  If you need the setup manual, don't hesitate to request one from the forum.  As far as using a PS min greater than 6, I don't recommend it, but that is a topic for your therapy thread.

Note, I had to edit the .com out of your post link because that site sells prescription required equipment which violates Rule #3. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules

Ah, completely missed that in terms of the rule - sounds good!

And weirdly, I've seen others say the same as you, but I cannot get min PS above 6. No matter what I do to min and max epap, what I do to max PS and switching from ASV to ASVAuto it seems I 1) cannot have a min ps > 6 and 2) the gap between min and max ps must be at least 5 and no smaller. I'm not sure if this is some kind of funky firmware issue? It definitely seems from searching the web this isn't always, or wasn't always, the case

Don't suppose you can think of something incredible obvious I've missed? Otherwise, yep, I'll go searching for the setup manual and see what I can dig up
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's take this part of the discussion back to your therapy thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ell?page=3
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is super helpful. I’m learning what all these setting mean just now and seeing my EPAP is set at 8. Is that too high based on this info?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,355 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.