Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

resmed climate control tube
RE: resmed climate control tube
I know you are concerned about your leaks, but believe me, I have had a lot worse. There seems to be a point, well into your sleep where these leaks occur. And a second time more towards when you wake. Perhaps you are slipping out of a deep sleep and getting restless. Do you have one of those fitness watches the ones that give feedback on sleep. I used the fitbit for a while and it was helpful to see my sleep stages. I got mine for free, and wouldn't recommend buying an expensive name brand . It was interesting for 3 months then I put it in a drawer.

I see you wear a full face mask. They are more likely to have leaks. A mask liner might help with leaks. For me, I just cut up an old t-shirt, but others recommend Supplier #31. Even if you don't buy from them you can take a look to see what their masks look like.

Are you able to breathe through your nose? If so, you could go to a nasal or pillows type of mask. They are a bit more resistant to leaks because there is less 'real estate' to match. Plus, they are lighter and less intrusive.

When people are new to xPAP it can take a few adjustments/changes to get things right. It's a process. You are getting more sleep now so that's an improvement.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need to increase minimum pressure to 11.0 and bump EPR to 3. This is based on good results for CA but continued flow limitations and your median pressure. The higher minimum pressure will offset the EPR but overall you will experience less pressure fluctuations and a better therapy result.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i did not know nasal masks produce less leaks. I started with nasal pillows and found myself waking up with dry mouth. I still get it with full face mask but only occasionally. I can breathe thru my nose.  I thought  if i sleep with mouth open machine is not doing anything for OSA and readings i get are deceptive. Is it correct? I know i can get chin strap. I am guessing this is necessary for using nasal pillows for people who sleep with mouth open?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 960 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 245 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.